+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Difference between Loving and Being in Love

The Difference between Loving and Being in Love

I'd like to get people's interpretation of loving someone versus being in love with someone. What is the difference?

Tone Guest
    You love someone - you genuinely love them. They make you happy, they are a good person, they've been there for you, you know they'll always be there for you, but you feel no chemistry, no romance there.

In love with someone - you get the butterflies in your stomach when around them, you love everything about them, feel a lot of chemistry between them, there's a lot of romance.

I think the biggest difference is chemistry and doubts... When you're in love with someone you have no doubt of your relationship and where you wanna be, and you feel that chemistry. When you love someone but are not "in love" with them, you might not feel that chemistry, and you probably have a lot of doubts in the back of your head of your relationship and where it's going.

All my opinion, from my experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by Tone
    You love someone - you genuinely love them. They make you happy, they are a good person, they've been there for you, you know they'll always be there for you, but you feel no chemistry, no romance there.

In love with someone - you get the butterflies in your stomach when around them, you love everything about them, feel a lot of chemistry between them, there's a lot of romance.

I think the biggest difference is chemistry and doubts... When you're in love with someone you have no doubt of your relationship and where you wanna be, and you feel that chemistry. When you love someone but are not "in love" with them, you might not feel that chemistry, and you probably have a lot of doubts in the back of your head of your relationship and where it's going.

I have to say thats spot on. Cant even add to that!
    to err is human, to forgive divine

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

I second this post!

I agree mostly with what you said Tone, but I don't have doubts about the relationship when I love someone. Maybe you mean if you are dating someone you just love, but aren't in love with you might have doubts on if you want to be in that relationship? Also, even when in love with someone I wouldn't think you would Always get that anxious feeling in your stomach. I definitely agree with you on the chemistry thing though.

Loving someone means never having to say "I'm sorry." Being "IN LOVE" with someone means repeating it over & over & over & over again

I'm also going to simply reply that I think Tone's answer was great
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

I agree with Tone on loving someone... but being in love, I think there is more to just love with chemistry. I believe part of it is putting on blinders to the other persons faults too. For the most part, you only see the good, and when you do "see" the bad you are openly accepting of it.

Tone Guest
    I agree there is more to it, but the question was what is the difference between the two, not what are each composed of. Was just givin my personal opinion on the difference between the two.

And yeah, of course the butterflies don't last forever, but the chemistry should.

I agree there is more to it, but the question was what is the difference between the two, not what are each composed of. Was just givin my personal opinion on the difference between the two.

And yeah, of course the butterflies don't last forever, but the chemistry should.
    I feel the butterflies when my boyfriend is around and life is sweeter for me when I'm with him. And it's almost physically painful for me when we part on Sunday nights after our weekends together. Is that "in love"? I can't say that he experiences the same feelings.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    aye ya ya, there are so many different ways of answering this question. For me it's hard to explain but I can feel the difference in them both if that makes any sense. I know when I love someone, and I know when I'm in love with someone I just feel it and I know.

Yeah, but you get those butterfly feelings at the beginning of any relationship or at least I always have. So, still getting them after 2 months would be normal I would think. Especially if you aren't around each other a lot.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    agree Junsui, i think the best way for to explian the in love feeling is that I'm giddy about everything affiliated with my significant other, It's weird it's not butterflies but just the feeling of being complete I guess, I have a hard time explaining that if you can't tell....

Yes, exactly. You feel complete. You want to go through everything with them and do.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Junsui
    Yes, exactly. You feel complete. You want to go through everything with them and do.
    ahhh, yes, yes that's the point I was trying to make.. whew!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast