+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Meeting up again after 3 months

Meeting up again after 3 months

I posted sometime ago about the day the love of my life shattered me by ending things. We have been texting each other and starting to talk on the phone after two and a half months away from each other..

I have recieved counselling and resolved all the issues that led to the split in the first place, and that helps us talking again.

All the time it is warm and pleasent, in a way just like we first met. We dont dwell on our split, in fact we dont really talk about it.

In Novemember we are meeting up for a day out and dinner in the evening. We spoke about what may happen, and we just dont know. Well I'm lying I would want to start again with her.

I have not been forcing the issue, we have given each other time and space away from each other. In a way Im excited to see what happens, but what if there is nothing.

I intend to play it cool the day I meet her. The key is to simply enjoy each other's company again and see where it goes.

Is that the correct way of doing things? Or should I just raise the point when we meet?

How long did you two go out? what are your ages? Is she hot? If "yes", can you prove it?

Tone Guest
    LoL, I agree with the previous post.

But really, sounds like a good plan. Play it cool, and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Tone
    LoL, I agree with the previous post.

But really, sounds like a good plan. Play it cool, and see what happens.

We went out for nearly two years. I think playing it cool should be the best bet. Im glad I havent been a lovesick puppy towards her even though its been killing me.

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I wouldn't have to many expectations and just play ti cool. See what her intentions are and go from there. You don't want to get hurt again so don't try and jump the gun on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebud
    I wouldn't have to many expectations and just play ti cool. See what her intentions are and go from there. You don't want to get hurt again so don't try and jump the gun on this one.
    We had a nice dinner. Got drunk.

Then it went all wrong. She started being cruel to be kind. She informed me that it 'did not take a brain surgeon' that her not contacting me as much as I did to her over the three months show she didnt want me. She needed to see me again in order to confirm that she only wants me as a friend.

I cant get my head round it. How can someone go like that?

Then the old romance book quotes came out such as ' Im too young for you ', ' the thought of moving in and settling down makes me ill '

I could go on.

I didnt do anything wrong and she said that too.

I can do without love.

Well, you can certainly do without HER love. I wouldn't know about your doing without it altogether. And what IS IT with people who go out of their way to fuel an already potentially flammable circumstance with alcohol? What is the disconnect which compels them to cloud their judgment at a time when it should be MOST clear? Looking to set-up an excuse should they later need it? Angling to effect an outcome? Cowardice? What?

It escapes me.
    Last edited by whaywardj; 21-11-05 at 03:01 AM.
    Speak less. Say more.

She wanted to do the friends thing. Simple as that.

Now THERE'S a long, hard row to hoe. If that's the case, all you can do is go on with your life stepping around the pain until time, finally, makes it disappear.
    Speak less. Say more.

Quote Originally Posted by eternalsummer
    She wanted to do the friends thing. Simple as that.
    That sucks man. If you're really upset about it, you just should continue on without speaking to her. Being friends and talking will continue to make you feel like crap if you really still want a relationship w/her.

Well, had a massive arguement this evening. It was my turn to be cruel to be kind. She was equating me to all other guys and that I have some kind of problem etc etc and that I am good at doing this kind of thing ( mentioning a previous relationship in my past that went sour )

Why should I sit back for three months and take that?

Its gone now. It was the only way I could move on. God forgive me.