+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Some of my favourite quotes and poems. Please Feel free to add.

Some of my favourite quotes and poems. Please Feel free to add.

You can't walk 10 miles into a forest and expect to come out in 5!

If you love somebody let them go, for if they return they were always yours, and if they don't they never were.

If she is amazing she won't be easy, if she's easy she won't be amazing, if she is worth it you won't give up, if you give up you're not worthy. Truth is everybody is going to hurt you, you just have to find the ones worth suffering for!
    Life is a blank canvas, lets throw paint all over it

The third one, while cute, isn't ideal. It's so much better when you find a woman that is excited to make things happen with you, and when things can be effortless and easy. My opinion, I love it when dating is easy.

But to add to the quotes.

“If you see yourself as having value and being an amazing person, you will consciously take actions and speak in ways that help you manifest your grandest desires and dreams. However, if deep down you don’t believe that you have any value or are not an amazing person, you will unconsciously sabotage and steer your life away from the things you want, and take actions that will create a life that is congruent with your feeling of unworthiness. People will always act in ways that are consistent with how they view themselves to be, whether that view is accurate or not. You must see, believe, act and speak in ways that are consistent with loving, valuing and respecting yourself before others will see you that way. Before anyone else will believe in you, you have to believe in yourself first.” ~ Coach Corey Wayne

Yes you're right that third one is probably to make me feel a little better. My situation is a little complex making free time and dating more challenging but non the least any duller

Thanks for sharing that I like it! Hopefully I will be in that place you speak of in the end.

- - - Updated - - -

I love this! Saw someone refer to it on here <3

There once was a land where the people could see each other's heart and see what love does to it. And in this land was a boy with a most pristine, exquisitely-shaped heart. Not a mark or flaw marred its immaculate perfection.

The boy's parents allowed visitors from across the land to come and marvel at his perfect heart. They would take him to festivals. Wherever they went, everyone agreed he had the most beautiful heart they had ever seen. But no one was allowed to speak to him, to ask him about his life. Few people ever did.

The day came when the boy was old enough to travel on his own. At least he saw it that way. After asking many times, one morning, without a word, he put on a coat and left the house. He asked directions and set off for the county fair.

As the sun rose, the day warmed, and the lad took off his coat. Soon he arrived at a tiny village. People could see his heart now, and a crowd gathered around him. Beyond the oohs and ahhs came the sound one man laughing. From a porch by the road came laughter, deep and hearty.

Could it be? Yes, there was an old man, and he was laughing. He was laughing at him.

“What's so funny?” asked the lad.

“I've heard about you, and now I see that it's true. My heart is far more beautiful.”

The lad walked over to see for himself. And what he saw was shocking. The man's heart was full of holes and scars. It had places where parts had been removed and other parts put in. The pieces didn't fit quite right, and there were gaps and jagged edges. Some holes had never been filled in.

“How can you say your heart is more beautiful? Mine is perfect; yours is a mess.”

“Some of us start more perfect than others. The others have a head start.”

“What are you talking about?” said the youth. He had never been spoken to this way before.

“Your heart has its beauty, but I would never trade yours for mine. You see, each scar shows where I have given my love. Sometimes people give me a piece of their heart, and it fills the space as best it can. Other times, I have given my love and gotten nothing in return. Those are the empty spaces. They hurt, but they show me that I can love and love again.”

The lad stood and stared, silent, his mouth agape, with tears running down his cheeks. He'd never tasted tears.

Suddenly, instinctively, he knew what to do. Just as he'd left his parents’ house, he left where he stood. He walked up the porch steps as the man rose to meet him. They embraced for some time, and when he stepped away, the boy had become a man.

He saw that the old man’s heart had a bright new piece where a hole had been. And he saw that his heart had become more beautiful.

His life, his life, had just begun.

Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies.

Aristotle

I used to have this on my old yahoo email account as my signature.

Also had this maroon 5 lyric line lol

It's not always rainbows and butterflies
    It's compromise that moves us along

A Poison Tree

I was angry with my friend:
    I told my wrath, my wrath did end.
    I was angry with my foe:
    I told it not, my wrath did grow.

And I waterd it in fears
    Night & morning with my tears;
    And I sunned it with smiles,
    And with soft deceitful wiles.

And it grew both day and night,
    Till it bore an apple bright.
    And my foe beheld it shine,
    And he knew that it was mine,

And into my garden stole,
    When the night had veiled the pole;
    In the morning glad I see
    My foe outstretchd beneath the tree.

Henry David Thoreau

I don't know why but this one I have always liked.
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

I am surprised how many people have never heard of this poem!? My Mom gave it to me when I graduated HS and I've actually committed it to memory and can recite it all verbatim! Enjoy!

IF (poem by Rudyard Kipling…written in 1910)
    IF you can keep your head when all about you
    Men are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
    If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
    But make allowance for their doubting too;
    If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
    Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
    Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
    And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream - and not make dreams your master;
    If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim;
    If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
    And treat those two impostors just the same;
    If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
    Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
    Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
    And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
    And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
    And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;
    If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
    To serve your turn long after they are gone,
    And so hold on when there is nothing in you
    Except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on!'

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
    ' Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch,
    if neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
    If all men count with you, but none too much;
    If you can fill the unforgiving minute
    With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,
    Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
    And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

[MENTION=85844]sHrinking_man[/MENTION] Great poem, i really like that one, I read that one about a year or so for the first time, haven't heard it or seen it since!

[MENTION=78034]breathe123[/MENTION] took me like 10 minutes to understand it, and then I thought I understood it, but i googled the meaning of it. And I was wrong.
    There's a lot of truth to that poem, which is why it's important to know when it's appropriate to stand up for yourself, and when it's appropriate to act indifferent/unphased.

kind of have a similar story with me too ,plz check out my blog on blogger.com and then comment about it
    link: https://babunishanta.blogspot.in/2017/01/she-saw-me-differently.html

The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
    And sorry I could not travel both
    And be one traveler, long I stood
    And looked down one as far as I could
    To where it bent in the undergrowth;
    Then took the other, as just as fair,
    And having perhaps the better claim,
    Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
    Though as for that the passing there
    Had worn them really about the same,
    And both that morning equally lay
    In leaves no step had trodden black.
    Oh, I kept the first for another day!
    Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
    I doubted if I should ever come back.
    I shall be telling this with a sigh
    Somewhere ages and ages hence:
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference.
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

Omg I swear down I read this only yesterday!!! Thanks for sharing x
    Life is a blank canvas, lets throw paint all over it

[MENTION=77017]lovebroken[/MENTION], Wow! I've been working on reciting this poem. Quite fascinating! Thanks so much for posting this!

"It is that we are never so defenseless against suffering as when we love, never so helplessly unhappy as when we have lost our loved object or its love (Freud, Civilization and its Discontents, 1929)." People always hyper-focus on the paradoxish of being helpless to suffering when in love and suffering when not in love, but people seem to miss the point of the quote. When in love, it isn't that you are just defenseless against suffering, but vulnerable, open, to a person so that they can know everything you show to them and someone accepting everything about you, being really Loved...nothing is more satisfying than that. Loving someone and being loved by someone is risky and can lead to suffering, but also to and having that joy.

- - - Updated - - -

"In order for romantic involvements to remain vital and robust over time, it is crucial that the commitment not be so rigid as to override spontaneity and that spontaneity not be so rigid as to preclude commitment." Stephen A Mitchell
    Psychoanalytical Psychotherapist: Online and In Office Psychotherapy Sessions.