honestly not sure what to do, it's making me soo nervous.

So around a few months ago I saw a guy at a party I attended and I thought he was really cute, (he goes to a different school than me) and was slightly interested in him but when I went home I thought 'oh well I'm not going to see him'.

My bestfriend accidentally revealed to the guys bestfriend (who goes to our school) that I like his friend. Sorry that sounded so confusing, but anyways his bestfriend (let's just refer to him as A) gave him my snapchat and said he's going to start a conversation with me and I'm guessing A had already told him that I was interested.

But then I found out he had a girlfriend, and I just thought 'no way, this is not going to work out as he's been going out with her for a year'. Turns out she's cheated on him a couple of times and he's going to break up with her but feels bad since it's been a year.

He still sends me messages and A (his friend) is telling me the guy likes me but wants to get to know me...

On my bestfriends birthday she invited him and he let me know he was coming. I unfortunately was a bit out of it during the party but I felt I could barely approach him as he was chatting up my friend more but I mean I could've just been looking into it too much???

He still messaged me after and on an evening he got drunk and started texting me stuff saying I'm cute and stuff but I mean is that just nice words?? He doesn't text me as often anymore and I'm going out tomorrow and don't know what to do... his bestfriend is always telling me he likes me and trying to get us together.

But I'm so new to this and lost.

Sorry for the longgg paragraph...