+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Help me get over him!

Help me get over him!

Hey everyone-

I have to get over a guy.

So basically I have this guy friend. Being with him is amazing. Like, he's super easy to talk to, cool, funny and chill. When we are together I honestly feel so happy, like I forget about everything going on and see the world through rose-colored glasses. Everything suddenly becomes perfect. We get along so perfectly, plus almost all of our classes are together. Even though we are friends, he would sometimes flirt with me and say things that would make me blush.. But then other days he'd be completely normal and we would just laugh together. Everything seemed to be going well... until I started to have feelings for him. After long stares and hallway glances, it turns out I wasn't the only one he was flirting with - While I had stare at him dreamy eyed, he was flirting with other girls. Long story short - He's a screw boy. And I have to get over him.

I've thought about icing him out, but the thing is, I can't - as far as he knows, we're just friends. Plus, I still want to be his friend - I just want to get over him. If I totally ice him out we wouldn't be friends anymore. He also wouldn't know why I would have done it. And it's not like he was trying to lead me on - he wasn't, I'm sure. It's just his nature to flirt and I guess I mistook his actions for something more ...

Whenever we hang out, I've been getting mad at him for flirting with other girls and he must be so confused as to why I'm happy one day and moody another - he thinks that we're just friends! This whole perfect fantasy of him is stuck inside of my head and I'm way to over attached to him! We're not even in a relationship and I get jealous.. Ugh. Please help me stop liking him.... I know a love relationship with him would never work out due to the fact that his eyes always wander and if I continue to like him and be attached to him I know I'll only be more hurt in the long run. I can't stop thinking about him and the way he makes me feel though.... Ugh. I want to still be friends with him, since he's great as a friend, but have no feelings for him whatsoever.

Sorry for the super long paragraph, BTW...
    So.. please help me, anyone. How do you get over someone? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Well, been going through getting over someone as well recently and what helped me the most was working out (running - really helps to clear your head and get a rush of endorphins) and focusing on my studying and future career.
    Also talking to people. Tell a friend all of this or talk to your relatives. Also you can try 7 cups - helps a lot too. I even wrote a letter to my therapist. Also writing a diary helps - so you don't have to keep all of your feelings inside. And try spending more time with your other friends or your family, maybe take up a new hobby or join some yoga class or something.
    Also what helped was taking a good look inside of myself - I realized how much I lost myself trying to make this guy like me. I realized I need to regain my self worth and my own image of myself again and just focus on myself - making myself the best version I can possibly be. That's kind of like a new hobby - just improving yourself all the time
    And it takes time, so just be patient. You didn't develop these feelings for him in a day, so don't expect for them to go away in a day too. But you'll get there, don't worry;]