+ Follow This Topic

Thread: BF's ex-gf

BF's ex-gf

My bf and I have been dating for almost a year and we've always been very honest to each other. We talked about our past, including about our exes. He's 29 and I'm his third gf. When he first told me about his first gf I was a bit shocked, but I didn't say anything, I just listened to what he had to say. They're not in contact and haven't been since they broke up. However, their relationship bothers me, more specifically their age gap. He was 26 and she was 16. I won't lie, I think it's very wrong to date a minor and it bothers me that he doesn't really understand my POW.

We've talked about it numerous times, but once in a while the subject pops in my mind and I get angry. Sometimes when I see a 15/16 year old girl I think that he'd date her no problem cause he doesn't really care about age. He has told me he even went out with older women. I don't really know why it upsets me to the point I get angry and start crying. I don't know if I want him to admit it was wrong because I think it was wrong or if I just wanna hurt myself by having these thoughts.

I know he loves me very much, he has said and showed that I'm the only one he has really loved and who loved him back (he said I'm the only girl who has ever treated him with love and care), but I'm having a hard time letting go. Sometimes I wish he hadn't told me about this ex. I just wanna be free.

I understand that such thing for past is bit opseting to you, but that is his life, and his decisions and if he found that 16y/o girl is attractive and was with her in some period of life that is life, his experimenting with opposite sex, so you need to have understang about that episode from his life.

What is your problem ?
    You like to be correct or something ?
    They liked each other? The age gap concerns you?
    Why? I have known quite a few people to lead successful relationships with an even bigger age gap.
    I don't understand nor see your problem.
    The problem really is that you think you are correct and he needs to acknowledge it
    Why don't you just agree to differ on this point? It's not that this matters in your life anyways
    If you think I am insulting you with my post or bashing you: You do not get the point.
    I am not here to insult or bash anyone. I offer up my free time to help. Take from my post what is useful to you.
    If you are angry about my post or myself, then please stop and think how that happened. Usually that is the way the brain responds if a critical belief system is challenged (its called cognitive dissonance). If you have trouble with it please answer in the thread. I will come back to you.