+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Male manager help

Male manager help

I have a manager who I have a gut feeling has an attraction to me. I've been trying hard to make sure I don't read too much into things. He isn't creepy or too forward but I just don't know how to react. If someone can help me sort my feelings that would be great.

So it all started a couple of weeks ago when I was training for a new position. I had to call this manager a few times to help with some difficult situations. This one particular evening I randomly say... how much do you love me. I was feeling like a pain in the butt by this point... I honestly don't even know why I asked him this. Anyways he immediate replies a lot... actually a lot in a sweet voice. I honestly didn't even pay attention to his reply because I was so embarrassed that I even asked him this. Later this same evening I walk by and say thanks for your help sorry I was a pain in the butt. He replied you're never a pain in the butt with a big smile and a wink. I just chalked it up to him being nice.

Then a week later we worked together. He met me in the lunchroom while I was by myself and where I thanked him for his help that night and that I was sorry I had to pull him for help. It's busy season and I was thrown into training by myself during this time. Anyways his reply was very sweet again but adamant making sure he repeated it 3 times that I'm no bother and how he loves to help me. I remember him trying to look me in the eye and the eye contacted lasted longer then the normal comfort so I remember looking down and feeling awkward but not in a weirded way. Just didn't know how I should respond.

Then I was off for a couple of days and worked opposite shifts so when I came back and we had a min together he said I haven't seen you in a while we're you off? I explained that I had two days off but must have been working opposite of him. He just looked at me then his phone as he got a text it was his 4 yr old niece. I guess she had done something funny and he was laughing. He turned to me and said I'm laughing at my niece she's such a ham. And I just replied how I have a 4 yr old niece and that they're cute at that age... I then had to go back out onto the floor... meanwhile he was watching me periodically as I punched in and got ready. I think this is when I was hit with a ton of bricks that this guy might be interested slightly. It was like a light bulb came on and everything started to connect.

Not to mention this guy winks all the time and bot in a weird way and always has this huge smile when he sees me. He does tend to smile a lot so I guess that's why I never took it to be more. But the thing is, this week we've been having a lot of eye contact and I tend to turn my eyes down as I'm nervous and don't really know how to handle the longer eye contact.

Last night he seemed very flirty... He made a point to wink and smile at me before I went back onto the floor and then while on the floor he ended up where I was working and he would say hi and just lock eyes with me and again it would be longer then what be would be normal... as i wouls feel that awkward feeling and turn my head down to disengage to not seen weird but when I looked up again he would meet my eyes again.

He then tried hanging around for a bit just kind of standing around but not really doing anything and would look over to me here and there.

I just don't know how to take all this. It's a situation where I know he would be a gentleman and not do something to make me uncomfortable or push boundaries but may be feels attracted??

I don't want to read more into this just need to clear my head I guess.

Seems like a 99.8% chance he's attracted to you and a .2% chance he's just super nice. If you're attracted to him, make sure no one is married or in a relationship, find out dating co-worker policies from HR and all that stuff. This could get complicated really quick, or be pleasant with no problems.
    Last edited by Shoukon; 14-07-17 at 02:27 PM.
    Psychoanalytical Psychotherapist: Online and In Office Psychotherapy Sessions.