+ Follow This Topic

Thread: First time with a new partner

First time with a new partner

I had a general wondering. If you are just starting to see someone- It's been casual but if you two become intimate and the first time isn't "great", would this personally make you not as interested as you were before? I'd like to get both male and female prospectives please.

Thanks!

As a guy, I would still be interested. I don't think it would have much of an affect on me.
    I've always been really selective about the women that I REALLY wanted, and they're always fun people to be around.
    I've realized throughout my life how rare it is to find those specific women that I really really connect with, one or two comes a year, at most.
    And Sex is a part of relationships, but it's a part of it. I'm really more focused on the other areas of things, and I understand that people have flaws.

Besides. I'm more of a funny romantic piece of crap that doesn't take things TOO seriously, so even if it went terrible, I'm pretty good at easing tension, making them laugh, and getting them comfortable. I would probably still enjoy myself.

Besides, a person can get better at sex, although I get that its difficult to communicate to a person about improving that.
    But, people generally can't change their personality or who they are, they can only really become a better version of themselves in those categories.

Idk, lets try it and then I will tell you if Im less interested. Theres only one way how to find out - doing it !
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

It wouldn't stop me being interested unless there was no connection/chemistry?
    Life is a blank canvas, lets throw paint all over it

Quote Originally Posted by GLYC View Post
    As a guy, I would still be interested. I don't think it would have much of an affect on me.
    I've always been really selective about the women that I REALLY wanted, and they're always fun people to be around.
    I've realized throughout my life how rare it is to find those specific women that I really really connect with, one or two comes a year, at most.
    And Sex is a part of relationships, but it's a part of it. I'm really more focused on the other areas of things, and I understand that people have flaws.

Besides. I'm more of a funny romantic piece of crap that doesn't take things TOO seriously, so even if it went terrible, I'm pretty good at easing tension, making them laugh, and getting them comfortable. I would probably still enjoy myself.

Besides, a person can get better at sex, although I get that its difficult to communicate to a person about improving that.
    But, people generally can't change their personality or who they are, they can only really become a better version of themselves in those categories.
    Thank you for your input! Generally I am the same way but quite a few of my guy friends have told me that if a girl doesn't blow their socks off the first time and it's just casual they'll start to talk to her less-not entirely because they want to reserve her on the side incase nothing better comes along. But they say they actively start looking for someone else like riiiiight after the deed is done and they're left unimpressed. Like what?

I find this completely immature because like you said a) people can get better and b) the first time w/ a new partner can be a tense situation for some people.

It's nice to know all guys are not like my a**hole guy friends lol

Thanks again for your comment

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pcmaster View Post
    Idk, lets try it and then I will tell you if Im less interested. Theres only one way how to find out - doing it !
    I'm kind of particular on who I let into my lady parts but thanks for your interest lol jk jk

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WiltedRose View Post
    It wouldn't stop me being interested unless there was no connection/chemistry?
    I definitely concur. If the chemistry wasn't there than I could see the interest kind of fading. But as long as I liked the person and felt we had a connection I wouldn't just give up after the first time. That seems so silly to me. But apparently people do this a lot.

Thank you for your comment