+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who Loves You? In your life, really shows they love you.

Who Loves You? In your life, really shows they love you.

I was thinking about this and I can't name one person. I have friends who I know like me a lot, I had family members, dead now, that I knew in my heart truly loved me, now, no - not one I think "love" me that way. My pet doesn't even really seem to love me

What about you, go through your life and say who you Know truly loves you.

What does Love even mean to you ( the actual word)?

OH! Good get you thinking question ~ let me think then.

I am positive my BF loves me.
    I think my mom and dad HAVE to love me, hehehe or at least tolerate me ;]
    One of my siblings love me they have shown it through words & actions over the years.
    My grandmother loves me.

Love means I am a special person in whomevers life and they place me with importance & care about how they treat me & if I am happy.
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

I feel very loved

By my 3 children although my youngest can't speak I know I'm special to her and that melts my heart

My folks and siblings love me but probably because it's unconditional love as I know I get on their nerves often

My goddaughter loves me too as does my best friend who tells me she loves me

And lastly my ex says he still loves me but wish he didn't?!!

Hazel for sure loves her mommy

My mom and dad, set of grandparents, best friend and older sister I feel all love me and I felt my ex who is no longer on earth love(d) me also.
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

CantMoveOn,

Honestly, I am not too far off from you. I often think about stuff like this. For me, there are my parents and my brothers.... but to me that isn't really the same. They are family. So, sure they don't actually HAVE to love you, but usually family does. So, family love is GENERALLY a given.

Beyond that, if I suddenly disappeared off the face of the Earth tomorrow, nobody would give a $h*t. Hell, honestly, my family would mourn my loss.... but they would be okay. I don't say that to imply they don't care about me enough. They do.

I guess my cat loves me. At least I can say that. She is the best. Follows me around everywhere, is almost always sitting on or at least with me, she's always got words to share (I wish spoke cat so I could understand them) and she loves to cuddle and purr a lot. So, at least I have her, I guess. That's about all I'll ever get. I am learning to be happy without any special woman in my life. These days it is actually going really well. I've been having a much more positive outlook.... I just know that won't always last.

"They are family. So, sure they don't actually HAVE to love you, but usually family does. So, family love is GENERALLY a given." Tell that to children who have been neglected and abused. I feel love from my sons and husband and mother. I think it is something that can easily be taken for granted, but is the greatest gift in the world.

I feel you [MENTION=85495]CantMoveOn[/MENTION].. when you say you don't even know if your pet loves you, if a cat they are so indifferent that you just can't tell most days...same goes for mine..they love my petties and food and treat offerings but do they love and miss me when I am not there?

Recently got engaged so my sweetheart loves me... my mom loves me... my best friend from primary school loves me, we are just like sisters and my dad loves me but is type who doesn't tell you in words, he'll just do things that show you.

To me loving another is being loyal to them, being there during good and bad times and in relationships love is faithful and understanding.

my parents, grand parents, best friends, male and female, sister and family dog lmao are definite ones whom i feel love me.
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

[MENTION=70896]Exeter19[/MENTION] ~ OMG YES! Our family dog worships me, as the baby we are the two spoiled ones in the family hehehe. It's just like lovebroken's siggy says ~ unconditional absolute love.
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

My mother, father, gran, older sister, long time male friend in another country, long time older female friend in another country, and her daughter.

I forgot to add I have a little cousin who is about 4 who loves me, she always jumps into my arms and wants to sit and play with only me when we see them
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

Quote Originally Posted by Snow White View Post
    "They are family. So, sure they don't actually HAVE to love you, but usually family does. So, family love is GENERALLY a given." Tell that to children who have been neglected and abused. I feel love from my sons and husband and mother. I think it is something that can easily be taken for granted, but is the greatest gift in the world.
    Yeah, believe me I do get that. That's why I qualified it with a big GENERALLY. So, don't get me wrong. I'd kill for my family. I'd die for my family. I do not, for a second, lose sight of the fact that they are something to appreciate. That I COULD have it/have had it much worse.

It's just, that is great, but as somebody who has spent a life as a hopeless romantic, that love isn't all I feel I need. Not having romantic love has always sort of felt like not having part of me. Or like having enough air to breathe to live.... but it still doesn't feel quite right, like you can survive but still feel like you can't catch your breath. Or like having one arm but not the other. Sure, you can live with one arm, but I'm sure you'd probably rather have both. It's a part of me, though, I am trying to learn to live without. Honestly, lately it's been great. I'll cling to that feeling as long as I can, but part of me, regardless, will always want that "love" that eludes me.

I'm trying to be more positive, though. I don't MEAN to sound like such a downer. LOL!

[MENTION=77017]lovebroken[/MENTION]... D'aw so sweet.

[MENTION=78034]breathe123[/MENTION] that is so true, i think our family dog has a particular special affection for me and my mother the most in the family, they don't seem to care if my sister, brother or dad is in the room at all. lmao
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast