+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Moms basement, or the question how likely am I to get rejected

Moms basement, or the question how likely am I to get rejected

Hello, it's been a while again since I've written anything, so after giving it some thought and mustering all my insecurities, I came up with this question.

"Would you date a guy if he told you he lives with his mother?"

Obviously, if the guy was just out of high school or isn't even twenty yet, then I can understand how this question would be irrelevant in the grand scheme.
    I'm 28 now, done with studies, have an OK job and yes, I live with my single mother. Such are the circumstances of my life at the moment and I cannot say how long this will last.
    Let me just say, I love my mom, she is my mom after all, she raised me and supported me when I needed it and I will never do something to offend her. However I always get this nagging feeling that if I did get to date someone, as soon as I told them I don't live alone in my apartment they'd just run off.
    Would you run off?

Well Im 28 too and live with mum again, now already for 5 years. I can understand how its easier to live with mum when even making 500 a month would leave a person with nothing when living alone after paying rent for a flat that you dont own. Then again buying my own flat is not that simple when prices are doubling every 2 years but salaries are staying the same.

Anyway if I had my own place I wouldnt care if girl lives with her parents or not cause I could just bring her to my place after first date and so on. But when I live with my mum I always been lucky to end up dating girls who have their own place to live. Still even with a girl who lives with her parents there would be a solution to rent one of those flats that you can rent for hours or day. Not cheap in long run but cheaper than hotel.

I think most girls after 25 have or do want kids so they might like better independent guy who have his own place but I dont think a girl would run from a guy who lives with his mum except if she is a gold digger and care only about money. If girl want to date guy then she will. Where is will there is way. All girls who have dumped me have left left me not because I live with my mum. But because I didnt know how to handle girls and did many mistakes.

In the end more important is that you have some interests or passion. You might work in Mcdonalds but be passionate about photography and girls will see - Okay this guy is passionate about something.
    Its important to dream about better things and then put all your spare time and means to achieve them.

I remember some 19 year old girl(she was living with her mum too) told me - "girls would like you better if you had your own place." And I told her that Im saving for my own place and she seemed to like that. So yeah its important that you are aiming for something, striving for something, have goals and dreams in your life. Some girls will be able to see your potential and often many couples start from zero and achieve everything together.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Yes, one guy I was interested in lived with his mom and step father when he was 27 years old and working part time and going to university to get his degree. I think he moved out at 28 years old, and his mother still helped him out with money. Living at ones parents shouldn't be a concern if the man or woman has a job or is saving because of still going to school or even if trying to recover from a money set back or even a divorce. As long as they are not living off their parents after 25 years old I don't have an issue.