+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I'm inlove, but he's leaving

I'm inlove, but he's leaving

I feel like I have found the right man but he's not staying. He told me 2 weeks in that hes planning on travelling in September, long story short we decided that were both gonna keep seeing each other until he's gone. I've been single for 3 years and no one has ever made me feel this good than him, truth is my mind says to let go because it's not going anywhere but my heart says I don't wanna miss out on the last days we have together and making good memories together, we decided that no matter what happens we'll be friends and stay connected. Now there's a big disconnect I went to Hawaii for a work trip and a week later I came back and we planned on meeting but now he's rescheduled on me twice, he's the kind of guy that would just tell me if he wants to cut it right here but I feel like he can't seem to find the right way to say it and perhaps dodging to see me,and we still communicate every day. What if he feels that seeing me again after getting used to not having me around when i was gone for my trip is like ripping an old band-aid. I knew what I was getting into and ready for the heartbreak when he goes but not this time.

Sounds like he can not survive without some type of companionship. Other option is that he is having second thoughts of not seeing you ever again...

Have you told him this exactly?
    If you think I am insulting you with my post or bashing you: You do not get the point.
    I am not here to insult or bash anyone. I offer up my free time to help. Take from my post what is useful to you.
    If you are angry about my post or myself, then please stop and think how that happened. Usually that is the way the brain responds if a critical belief system is challenged (its called cognitive dissonance). If you have trouble with it please answer in the thread. I will come back to you.