+ Follow This Topic

Thread: High School Flame Question

High School Flame Question

I need some help this morning. I heard about 2 weeks ago that my old high school flame was asking about me to some of my parents friends last month. Their quote was "She spoke very highly of you," did not ask at the time what was actually discussed. So, what should I do? Try to reach out or simply let it pass over?

To give you a little background. We dated from my junior year up to the end of my first semester of college. She decided to break it off due to our distance between each other (2.5 hours). Never really understood why she called it quits until I read through some of her old letters to me. Basically, I was never around when she need me the most. I tried to reconcile with her right up to her engagement to another fella. It has been over 20 years since we last spoke and I still miss her today. I know, it sounds pathetic, but I do. She is and will always be the love of my life.

Come on folks! I really need some advice on what to do.

Let me add something. Her best friend & I randomly crossed paths about 8 years ago and have kept contact off and on through Facebook & email since then. Have had a feeling that her friend has shared our correspondence over the years as well as my Facebook page. At this stage in my life, I'd just like to know what she is up to (family, kids, & job). I know that the two still talk, but I have kept my promise to myself to never outright ask about her. Anyway, please just let me know if anyone has an opinion.

Is she still married? Are you? Would you just want a friendship or a relationship at this point?

Do you have FB? Maybe create one and add the woman you share in common and then you'll see her on her FB and add her too with a nice message of Hello. That could work.
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

Thanks for responding lovebroken! Thinking no one cared...lol!

- - - Updated - - -

As far as I know, she is still married (don't know if happily though). All that I am looking for is friendship. Just at a loss on how to reconnect with her since she does not have FB & I have not flat out asked her best friend for her contact information. Maybe I should? What have I got to lose...

YW. Wish more would have offered you some advice too. You could try posting your thread again in the more active " Love " section.

Then if all you want is having a renewed friendship then you should create and add her on a FB account, along with other friends you would mutually share in common. No harm in that.

I still say FB because she could have a FB account but is private and not searchable. Have you ask someone who has FB if she has one, or you assume she doesn't? Then maybe ask for her cell # or even a email you could mail her on, whichever seems less evasive in asking for. Maybe she wishes to reconnect too and doesn't know how and hopes you';d find the way first. You never know until you try. Good luck.
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

Lovebroken,
    To give you an update. I sent an e-mail to her best friend just asking how she is doing with no mention of my old flame about a month ago. Still no response; however, the "friend" did update her FB picture which included one with her husband. The only thing I can think of is that maybe she thinks I'm after her, which I am not.

I've already searched her friends on FB, but to no luck as to my old flame. She still does not have an account. Did think of recently calling her parents for her phone number. Don't know if that is the right thing to do or not...Any advice?

- - - Updated - - -

However, her (the flames) brother and mom appear to have a FB account. Maybe I should send a friend request?
    Last edited by Bob Young; 21-08-17 at 09:21 AM.

She's married, but you say that you're looking for friendship.

Part of me thinks you're lying and being dishonest about the friendship. Why? You created an account on a love help site, and this was your first post, or it looks like it.
    If that's the honest case, I would let it go. She's married.

One route, you can pass your number to one of her friends, just say, "Say, this is out of the blue, but I've been meaning to talk to so-and-so for a while, I just wanted to hear what she's been up to. Can you pass my number to her and tell her I'd really like it if she got in touch with me sometime?" Maybe mention it as being a friend's thing if that is your honest intention. She might not contact you, as she's married and maybe thinks it might upset her husband with getting in touch with an old flame.