+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Confusion and hurt.

Confusion and hurt.

My (ex) partner had made the decision to end our 4 year relationship. Telling me she no longer loves me in the way she did. This was very sudden, with no signs to tell me. We were laughing, joking, said love you each night. Planned nights out. We have a young child together.
    I have done grovelling and asked questions, no arguements had taken place. I moved out.

We had our arguements in the past that all relationships have, some worse than others but we always got through it together. The last big argument we had was all my own doing, she ended things. I fought for her and she took me back even against her families wishes not to.

I love her dearly and cant go a day without thinking of her, finding any excuse to speak to her.

Am hoping and praying that time apart, giving her the space she needs will make us see that its each other we want.

Will we be together again or am I hanging on to a hopeless rope?

Well man it loojs like her family dont likes you. Dont know what she tells them but Im sure they affect her negatively towards you.

Anyway you want her back too bad. She dumped you once. Now twice. You are giving her chances, more chances to hurt you. You been doing this masochist thing when hurting yourself with a girl who tends to leave you with no warning. Maybe its time to end this circle by stop going back to her like a dog.
    Still I see you wont give up so if you go back together then start with a couples therapist to find her issue cause this relationship needs to be worked on and exploring.

Time change and people change. She might have changed. However dont speak to her every day. This way she will never miss you. Just do your own thing and let her be first to contact you. You need to work on yourself a lot as a man to feel better on your own.
    Last edited by pcmaster; 26-07-17 at 04:49 AM.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

I appreciate your honesty. In regards to the family issue, we managed to forgive, forget and clear the air. They now don't hold any grudges. We were engaged to be married.
    I take your opinion on board. Just so hard when theres a young child involved and I have the feelings I have.

Well she have to take care of kid. If she left you that means she have enough money or help to do it.
    Really best you can do is work on your emotional independence now and love yourself first. Dont stop your life because of breakup. In worst case you can pay child support and create new family.

Anyway I think chick is crazy if she broke up only because of lack of love. Could as well keep living together and do all the right and be good partner, friend for sake of kid.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will