+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I can't quit thinking about him....

I can't quit thinking about him....

So... there is this guy. I knew of him and thought he was super cute and one night we all hung out. I reached out to him via FB after the weekend was over and he gave me his number. I gave him mine and told him to contact me, I think thats for the guy to do. He texted me and we ended up meeting up at this club later that night. We had such a great time and had so much fun. Every time I've been around him we had fun. Well that night.. we hooked up. We had such a great time, laughed and had fun. We talked all night. We cuddled and he asked me to stay the night when I suggested going home. I am not really one to have "random" hook ups so I didn't know what protocol was? LOL
    He just got a divorce so I know he has TONS going on. We talked about his child and our families. When he dropped me off at my car the next morning I told him to holler at me. Well... time went by and I never heard from him. I am not making excuses for him but he did get his daughter right after he got back for the summer. He is trying to be a single dad for the first time, got a new place by himself... I know he has tons going. He is the one who wanted the divorce. One of my girlfriends who knows him (I live in a small town and we all hang out together sometimes) told me to text him and to reach out because he is newly single and might not know how the "Dating/talking" game works anymore. I texted him (this was a few weeks after) and asked if he was getting out for drinks and he laughed and said no, I have my kids so we will probably get pizza but I will holler if I get out. I said okay, sounds good! Fast forwards a few weeks later and I had a missed text from him asking what I was doing about midnight. Yes... Im sure it was a booty call but with his kids home? I don't know.... My friend said he probably hasn't messed around with anyone other then his ex in quite some time so its probably weird for him too. Not "weird" but he isn't used to it. Later on in the week I Snapchatted him and he snap messaged me back. With him somewhat communicating with me, do you think he is interested in hanging out again? NO I don't want to get married hahaha and no I don't want a relationship. I wouldn't mind some companionship or someone to hang out with. Whatever happens, happens. I am not one to look for a relationship.... I am actually super independent. I haven't have a serious relationship in quite some time and am okay with it. I am not looking for one. I am so afraid of being pushy towards guys but at the same time, my girlfriends tell me I get shy around guys and come off uninterested. I don't mean to come off "b****y" I am just shy sometimes. I have blonde hair and blue eyes and think I am okay looking. I am self conscious but my girls tell me that I come off as a bi*** sometimes because I am pretty and shy. I don't know what to do... I can't get him off my mind! I am NEVER like this with guys. I am usually the one pushing them away. I don't know what my next step is? Should I reach out and text him? I am going to get out with some mutual friends this weekend and thought I could use that as an excuse to text him? What do I say? Let me add that I am not feeling this way because of sex. I don't get attached like that. I was interested in getting to know him the very first time we all hung out. I haven't quit thinking about him since then! There is just something about him...

He probably just need some space and alone time especially after a divorce. Needs to be comfortable with himself being alone before he jumps back into something. Just my 2 cents...