+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Condom problem

Condom problem

Hi all
    I'm sorry for the intimate nature of this problem but I need some help. So I have been seeing a guy for about four and a half months, he is a great kind and considerate guy who thinks the world of me and we have been taking it slowly not rushing things. We had only slept together three times until last night. We had a few drinks last night and I decided to stay over and we started to get heated. We were in his bedroom with the lights off.Before our clothes came off I said to him that, as I have had to come off my pill recently due to it causing me problems which he knew about already, we needed to use a condom.he said ok so we kept kissing etc and as our clothes came off I repeated this. He agreed and said we can use something and got up to go out the room to lock his front door before bed and went into his drawer. We returned to what we were doing and I thought he had put the condom on as he reached for his lube And used it which I assumed was to make things easier. We had sex which only lasted a few minutes which I'm guessing was down to the drink and as he finished he pulled out and ejaculated outside of me . I was shocked and said to him I thought he had used a condom and he said don't worry because he pulled out well before time. I felt annoyed but we went to sleep. When we woke up in the morning we began to have sex once again. I said to him we need to use something this time and he said ' do you want me to put the condom on?' To which I replied yes. He went and got the condom out the drawer and opened it .we kissed for a while again and he proceeded to try and initiate sex with me again without the condom, to which once again I told him I did t feel safe without it. He replied again ' do you want me to wear it? I will pull out before time don't worry!'
    I'm not sure how to feel. He eventually did put it on. He didn't force me to do anything that isn't an issue, but am I wrong to feel slightly disrespected because of this? Or is this my fault for not realising he had t put the condom on due to having a few drinks? I'm so confused and would appreciate any advice . Thank you.

It's disrespectful as ****. Contrary to what some people think, pulling out doesn't necessarily always prevent a pregnancy. Thank you junior high Sex Ed classes!!

You need to put your foot down, if he isn't going to wear protection, he can take a hike.
    Do you really want a child with someone who can't respect a simple, gesture?

Not your fault.

Once again, GLYC is right on point. You are not wrong about anything other than thinking you may be. Your partner must respect your wishes! PERIOD!! Pulling out is no guarantee and is purely selfish on his part. Always respect yourself and protect yourself and don't feel guilty about it. Why would you want to share yourself with someone who doesn't respect your wishes?