+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Will I give up on him?

Will I give up on him?

*I've known my boyfriend for almost 3 yrs and been dating on & off during those yrs. We just became official as a boyfriend/girlfriend 1 and ahalf month ago, so getting to know each other stage really takes a while. We've been to ups & down even before but still we managed to stick with each other.* We're both 30 yrs old, live in different cities. We're both busy working. I'm working 7 days a week and he's working 6 to 7 days a week in a General Hospital as a Recreational Therapist. We only see each other bcoz of our hectic schedule once or twice a month and he's only the one whose driving to see me during those times. It's been a week my boyfriend hit his head in a concrete pavement, he fell from a golf cart while it's running fast. He had his test done in a hospital and it was confirmed he has a "Concussion " ( a type of brain injury)after 2 or 3 days, the Post Concussion Syndrome symptoms started to appear. He barely answer my texts, most of the time he doesn't reply ( which he doesn't do It before), it's like I'm non- existent.

Your brain doesn't function normally, he has headaches, dizzy, kinda depress, impatient , irritable , behavioral and emotional changes. Though he knows and admit it that it's not him. He's totally different. I never been to his place, after 1 week of mostly bed rest I ASKED him if I can visit him and I insist especially during this time that he needs me. he said "he wants to be alone" and he appreciates my offer. I told him to think it over and I know he doesn't want to be bother and to be left alone, I told him I won't* be staying long if he doesn't want me to.* I just want to be by his side , no matter what happen, even once to show how much I care & love him. He's completely different and not the same guy I've known for years. Some friends advised me just to give up on him, but I don't want to. I'm trying to understand and give my all patience without knowing if the same guy I've known will be back again not even sure when. Bcoz rest is very important for people have PCS, it takes weeks, 3 to 6 months and some even years to recover from this brain injury. Finally he called me only once after trying calling him how many times.. He said, he's not a talker anymore and told me what happened to him..that I wont understand what he'going through and lastly he said "I love you okay" . Will I stay or what.. because looks like he's pushing me away. Will I wait for him? I just need some advise. Thank you

Awww love that has made me so sad for you! But only you can answer those questions Hun, he will be feeling very sorry for himself and probably thinks you deserve better, if you can't let him go just give him space to recover but let him know you are still there for him. What does he like can you send him things? CDs, books, any sweets he likes, or a simple card that will make him think of you and know that you care. You sound like a special person I think a lot of girls would have given up by now. And nobody would blame you if you do you have tried to be there bless you!
    Life is a blank canvas, lets throw paint all over it