+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I can't quit thinking about him. What's my next step?

I can't quit thinking about him. What's my next step?

So there is this guy that I can NOT quit thinking about and I need some guidance. I'm 29 and haven't dated too much the last few years. I'm super independent and am kind of a homebody lol. I live in a smaller town and am over the bar scene! I do go out a few times a month with the girls though. I've never been the girl who always had to have a boyfriend. I'm kind of shy so when I'd see a guy that I thought was cute, nothing was pursued. Living in a small town also sucks and is hard because everyone knows everyone or who dated so and so and blah blah.
    I recently met this guy who is in his mid 30's. We exchanged numbers and he contacted me back in June. We ended up hanging out that night as a group and had a blast! I went home with him (so out of my character) but I did and we had a blast! He wanted me to stay the night and we talked all night. Yes we hooked up. But it wasn't like any other time that I've "just hooked" up with a guy. I'm not a very sexual active person at all. I know it sounds like it but I'm not. Yes I've had my share of fun but as I've gotten older, I'm kind of over the "let's all sleep together" fad. I'm also not the type of girl who sleeps with a guy and is obsessed with him the next day. The last person I slept with before him was just casual sex and has been for years on and off. I've been active with two guys the last couple of years and it's been super casual but with this new guy, it was so different. Of course I didn't hear from him after and it made me feel blah. He did tell me that he just got over a custody battle and was getting his son for the summer. He went through a bad divorce a while back so he has tons going on. Being a single dad and a new house.
    I decided to take a chance and texted him a few weeks after to see if he was getting out that night and he told me he had just gotten his son for the summer so he wasn't doing anything. He is a very nice person and wasn't rude about it at all. I didn't bother him anymore. Few weeks later he texted me kind of late seeing what I was doing and I was in bed. We Snapchatted a few times here and there then last Thursday, I FB messaged him to see if he and the guys were getting out and he said, were hanging at the house but y'all are more than welcome to stop by after you leave the club. During that time we went to another location so I didn't reply to FB and so he also texted me telling me the same thing. I told him okay I'll holler at you. Later that night on my way home I called him and he told me to come over. It took me a while to get there so he texted me to make sure I was okay.
    I got there and we talked for an hour while hanging outside. He was supper affectionate and asked about my family. Told me how beautiful I looked. We laughed and always have a good time. We went inside and his son was up so I met him.
    We hooked up and laid there for a while and talked and laughed. We went outside and hung out with his buddies (he had his arm around me the whole time) but it got late and I had to work early so I left. He carried my bag and walked me to my car (opened the door) and I sat down, he kissed me and told me to text him when I got home. I did and said "I'm home, don't be a stranger! Hopefully talk to you soon!" And he said want to see you real soon.
    What do I do... do I wait for him to contact me? Have I put too much effort already? I've never thought about a guy (not in the past few years) like this. He is such a catch and we have SOO much fun together. I need help!

- - - Updated - - -

I never purse anything and I'm never pushy but with this guy.... something is giving me guts!

Take it easy! Try not to push him into a commitment because he obviously loves his son which is also a priority to him. Especially if he only sees him in the summer.
    Last edited by Bob Young; 15-08-17 at 08:09 AM.

I am not saying anything about a commitment!!! I would just be interested in getting to know him and hang out so more. Have drinks or something! When we hung out as a group we had a blast!!! And just see where it goes if anywhere. I am just interested in companionship!! Im deff not looking for anything serious. Just someone to text me and see how I am doing or someone who wants to meet for drinks.