+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some advice please ( teenage)

Some advice please ( teenage)

So i would just like some advice please. I added this guy on snapchat who i follow on ig quite a while ago, we didn't talk often until recently we've been talking a lot on (snapchat), he was on holiday so we've just been talking generally. & i like talking to him and i thought it was going the right sort of way, he's quite sarcastic like he's said i look ugly but then he'll put the winky face a lot, & he said other stuff. Were still talking now like he just sent me a pic of a frame with his intial on that his mum gave and said il send you this so you'll be reminded of me, which obvs was quite cute, then i said yh il just send you my whole name and he goes yeah send me the h aswell and he said its for another girl who i don't know. & he replied with it was a girl he liked but she has moved on and he is still trying to move on? I just put aw im always here for you if you want to talk. But i was just a bit confused like why he had to bring that up because i thought it was going good the way we've been talking but now i know he's obvs still not over someone else. We dont live in the same town its like 30mins away anyways but yeah i was just like oh okay.

- - - Updated - - -

Update ^ when i said im here if you want to talk he replied with no iv moved on with the laughing emoji, but im pretty sure there still following eachother on instagram. Anyways i was just a bit confused.

Hi Nisa. Its been a while.

So you been chatting this guy. You know chatting is cool especialy when you are a teenager but when you get older theres less time for that cause have to live real life. So I suggest handle this like an adult. Suggest to meet or ask guy on a date. Thats how I do it but Im a guy. Girls ussualy ask - "When we gona meet?" after I been chatting with them for few days or weeks. Or one girl said she will have time to meet then and then. But it was after she agreed to meet some day after I pushed her agree to meet in first messages on dating site.

Anyway I think you have to meet this guy to see what is real and whats not. In chat you dont see many things, besides you live only 30 min away. I feel like its super easy to progress and arrange meeting but use your own words and go by the gut.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Hey [MENTION=42177]pcmaster[/MENTION] thanks for replying. Yeah i understand your point like we've had eachothe on snapchat for ages but i feel like were getting along more now. & tbh because its the holidays and we've been talking we've both been like im so bored ect & he was like go out with your mates & i said there all busy, so i was just seeing if he was going to hint that maybe we could meet up but he hasn't at all. I know we've only been texting so he probably just sees me as a friend but he hasn't even hinted it, i even tagged him in a movie that i said this looks good and he put yeah it actually does.. & I don't want to even to ask because he obvs isn't that interested so i guess I'll just see how things go. I haven't texted him yet im going to wait if he does throughout the day because it's normally me who sends a snap first.

- - - Updated - - -
    [MENTION=42177]pcmaster[/MENTION] by the way this is not the same guy that was my school crush from previously, but about 2 months ago i found him on snapchat and he added me back so iv got him on snapchat.. & just after that it was prom and when everyone was taking pictures we were stood in front of eachother and he called me and said let's get a picture so i was so happy as we've got a pic together lol. Also when everyone was leaving i saw him so i quickly said bye to him and he actually gave me a hug and because were not going to the same colleges aswell so was kinda sad. Then i texted him after that when i sent him the pics and i said il miss you which he replied with the same. Then i actually saw him in town a week later and we had a quick chat. But yeah atleast we said our goodbye & i can keep in touch with him.

We guys dont understand hints. I remember told one girl several times - if you want something then say it. But still she never did and afterwards I was just hearing - I hoped you will do this and that.
    Dont hope Nisa. Just be straightforward about what you want. Thing is theres much bigger chance to get things your way this way than being passive and hope or hint.

Its very nice that you been texting first. I like that in girls, I like being messaged first but message someone every day and that person will stop to appreciate it so sometimes stop and give time like few weeks to let that person miss your messages.

Anyway sometimes girl have to make first move. Like ask guy on a date or to meet. Sometimes this is only way to progress. Then after you made first move it becomes easy for a guy to make a second step cause hes sure you are interested in him.

[MENTION=42177]pcmaster[/MENTION] yeah it's more of a girl thing i guess that we try hint and wait for them to even suggest it, but i get your point its better to just go with it and ask but i really can't see myself doing that as even though we text & get along well i think we're just mates here. & yeah i texted him yesterday first saying goodmorning which he replied with the same that got the conversation going for most of the day. But today I didn't send anything and still now he hasn't sent anything, so im going to try wait a few hours and see. Thanks anyways

I see you are thinking like a girl again. Not asking guy to meet cause you are just mates.

I dont give fck who I am with a girl. I been asking girl out to date after 30 minutes of chatting when we never chatted before and she didnt even know I existed. And she agreed.
    Sure this was luck but still sometimes things like that happen.

I know its hard not to text but try give it few weeks. Or good way how to chat if you dont want to bore person is to chaat every second day. One day text, other day dont. This way you will keep it fresh and there will always something to talk to. More exciting.

[MENTION=42177]pcmaster[/MENTION] hmm i guess your right but will see how things go. We do talk everyday even if its just asking eachother what were doing but today i sent him a selfie and he put thats nice with the eye loveheart emoji, and then he said i wore this top with a rose for you so he was kinda complimenting me but dont think he was serious. & then i said to him that i liked a picture he posted just so we can be comfortable saying that to eachother. Thx

I am so glad I am not involved in this dating, guessing scene anymore. I never had to deal with this texting BS. If you wanted to be with someone, you had to call them. I am all for the woman being able to take the initiative, but have you guys really wimped out and now wait for the woman to make the move?

When I read these threads and the women say they chit chat with the guys, but the guys don't ask them out, I really just assume that if the guy were truly interested, he would have asked her out by now. He told you to go out with your mates and you said they were busy hoping he would ask you out, but he didn't. So, guys, at that point, if you were interested, wouldn't you ask her out? Would you, instead, leave it up to her to ask YOU out? Maybe I'm being sexist, but I really thought that if a man were interested, he would let it be known rather than playing these little social games.

[MENTION=85802]Snow White[/MENTION] thanks for replying, i totally get your point and agree as i said when he was asking about my mates & i was hoping he would hint that we should meet up which he didn't. there was a movie out that we both wanted to watch & i said we should go together he said yeah even though we both obviously didn't go together so it just shows he's not as interested. I didn't text him for a few days because i wanted to see if he texts me first but he didn't so he obviously just sees me as some friend that he likes to talk to whenever. He put on his story something like "why do i bother with you" so that makes me think thats something about a girl maybe even this 'ex' he's brought up to me twice. Anyways what do you think? Because i really liked talking to him like he did make me laugh ect and now we haven't been texting everyday or his texts aren't as keen as mine also because he seems like he's not in a good mood after what he put on his status but it's like he said some things that he was just messing around then. I kind of wanted to see if it would have gone further to be honest but i mean like you mentioned if someone is really interested then they would text first or would be serious even though when we was talking he did sound serious.

Why dont you ask him then, when are you gona meet?
    When girls ask me when we are gona meet, I feel guilt for chatting with them for so long that they want to meet me. So Im like feel that I own them a date. And thats what I give them.

[MENTION=42177]pcmaster[/MENTION] I wouldn't ask him because there's no signs that he actually wants to meet or he would have hinted it to me before and like now I haven't texted him in a while he hasn't even texted me either he basically only texts when i text first, so i wouldn't ask unless im getting the same thing back and if he shows that he wants to hang out. Also then when he says something like no why would i want to meet up or whatever It'd be so embarrassing & we probs wont talk again.

I see. So you text first. Thats cool but I think days are counted till guys will text you first. Once you are 18 guys will text you first. Especially on dating sites.

[MENTION=42177]pcmaster[/MENTION] yeah normally is is me texting first but then I haven't been snapchatting him much because I didn't want to be annoying. But he posted a pic on instagram which i commented saying "ugly" then he replied with like you then anyways he's sister also commented something funny which i put laughing emojis to btw i know of his sister we follow eachother on instagram & she did comment on my instagram picture but we've never spoken. Anyways he also commented on his picture replying with "btw she(his sister) thinks were a thing :/" thats quite funny and because he put that emoji can't tell his mood but i replied with lol why and this emoji 😷 Because im not going to be like omg yeah why can't we be or something but found it quite funny she thinks that.

Hi people can i get some advice on this situation please?. Like i said above he doesn't normally text me first but like when i comment or text him he'll reply & seem like he wants to talk. But i just cant seem to get what he thinks, like basically it was our celebration the other day & he texted me saying i looked beautiful today, but then after that he wont text until i do, so im like why dont he text me all the time if he really wants to talk. Again if you see above i said how i commented on his picture which he was like my sister thinks were a thing then he was like jokes you'll make a good house wife ect he definitely does his flirty/jokes but im not sure if hes serious, anyways its been a couple of days & his sister's friend commented underneath talking about our convo with winky face & he replied with "not what you think" :/. So urmm? I wouldnt mind if i was not interested at all but i do like talking to him thats the thing.

If you like to talk to him then call him.

Sure hes interested in you its just hes passive or dont have enough experience to make a big moves.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast