+ Follow This Topic

Thread: a meesy situation

a meesy situation

for the past 7 months ive been involved with this guy, things were going great we were perfect. he eventually told me that a few months before we ever met he had someone pregnant (he didnt know at the time). i decided to distance myself from him for awhile and that entire time he constantly reached out to me asking to talk etc. hes a good guy so i decided to hear him out and ended up looking past it because he expressed to me how much he always appreciated me and loved me for always being there for him and supporting him with everything he wanted to do in life and how he felt i was perfect for him (which he had never done) i had feelings for him as well. i gave him a chance to show me that im what he wants but for the past few weeks he hasnt put in any effort whatsoever. i travel a lot for my job and its very demanding so we arent able to meet up and spend time together so i make it a point to text call and facetime when im not busy with work. he doesnt do the same and when i reach out to him he may send 1 text or he ignores it. i explained to him that was important to me because of the situation of us not being able to see each other often and his response is always that hes busy. he works, starting a business, and his baby is due very soon so i try to be patient and understanding but i feel as though we make time for what we want, period. he told me once his child was born hed be in a better position to give me what i wanted and needed but i decided to break things off because i cant take the lack of effort from him when i put a lot of work in regardless of how busy i may be. should i give him one more chance or completely forget it?

I think you did the right thing. I also think he must be very naive when it comes to having children because he's going to have less time once a baby is born not more.