+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Online dating consistency

Online dating consistency

Hi I met this woman online 2 months ago and we've been talking everyday at least to at least say what we've done. She told me she is planing to visit me in 6 weeks or so so we can meet and get to know each other. But the problem is that she is inconsistent, she sometimes say she will call and she doesn't, sometimes she will go cold and then hot again, sometimes she will see my text and take a long time to reply. I'm new to online dating so I don't know if I should expect consistency in her behavior if we haven't even met in person or go out on a date.

Please share your opinions because I don't want to loose my time.
    Thanks

Meet up in 6 weeks? Consistent conversation until then?

Why not meet up now? What you both are doing is ruining the fun of a first date. You go there to get to know each other. You both will already have discussed everything.

I guess I prefer to get to know people in person, dating is better that way. If she couldn't see me for 6 weeks, I would probably be direct and say, hey I really want to get to know you, but I'm not a huge phone guy. I feel like it just works better if we get to know each other moreso in person. Maybe we can pick this back up later when you're more available, I would like that.

She's probably hot and cold because she gets bored of the phone talk. I wouldnt doubt it if you two never end up meeting up.
    She might just get bored of all the phone chat and just ghost you.

Talking for 18 weeks, and not even knowing how you two will feel when you meet in person. Ehhhh..
    Last edited by GLYC; 21-08-17 at 11:40 AM.

We haven't meet because right now we are in 2 different countries

And you're content with that living situation? Eventually one of you will have to move down the road.

I would just do a Skype date once a week in the meantime, setup Skype, grab a beer and just relax. Have fun with it.

If u can interpret a situation in multiple ways there are several options you have
    1) assume the best, have a backup plan for the worst and then just act to the best possible interpretation
    2) do the opposite of 1
    3) decide that no matter how long you think about it you can't be sure so you might as well do what you please
    4) ask the person who knows

Note that asking us is not on there because we (like you) just do not and cannot know
    And it's useless discussing it
    If you think I am insulting you with my post or bashing you: You do not get the point.
    I am not here to insult or bash anyone. I offer up my free time to help. Take from my post what is useful to you.
    If you are angry about my post or myself, then please stop and think how that happened. Usually that is the way the brain responds if a critical belief system is challenged (its called cognitive dissonance). If you have trouble with it please answer in the thread. I will come back to you.