+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Bumped into ex.....advice please.

Bumped into ex.....advice please.

Saturday night I went to a pub in town with new BF and we were having a good night.
    I was just looking for a table and I spotted two of my Exs friends looking at me and smirking ..I had a feeling my ex would be here..then I spotted him.
    I couldn't help but look occasionally and he was looking over.
    I went to the toilet and on the way back one of his friends stopped me,held my waist and said "stay here" I smiled said hello and went to my boyfriend.
    Then my ex walked over and stood 2 steps away and started talking on his phone and we caught each other looking again.
    One of his friends came over to our table and started talking to another friend ..looking at my BF.
    It was really really odd .
    What's your opinions on that?

"Oh my God there she is"
    He likely has some feelings for you still. As his friends approached you, and started talking with you, your ex was probably talking about you previously.
    Your ex walking over to you, awkward,,he probably wanted to make sure you saw him.

But you have a new boyfriend, so it doesn't matter.

This reminds me of an old rap song that I can't find that is very relevant to this situation. He's looking to cause strife in your life, looking at your new man, not letting you be happy. Could always listen to the All American Rejects song- Give You Hell. Helped a lot of people not get caught up in the "missing" an ex.

I remembered the rap song the moment I submitted the post: Breaks Ups 2 Make Ups by Method Man. It's a late 90's rap song, harsh, explicit, brutal, but honest. But that's how ex's are to us, harsh and brutal. If you don't like explicit music I don't recommend listening to the song. It's just about someone who has an x trying to bring grief in his life when they are with a new person and the rapper is perplexed why she wants him now that he has someone, but not when she had him and realizes she's there to destroy his life and he has, "Been there been done that before and don't need it no more." As he states in the rap, he should have listened to his mother.
    Last edited by Shoukon; 22-08-17 at 02:53 PM.
    Psychoanalytical Psychotherapist: Online and In Office Psychotherapy Sessions.

What do you want in regard to your ex bf?

I still have feelings for him.
    I doubt he still has for me.
    I'm trying to get over him but strufgling

As the others have said, I don't really think it matters. Believe me, I get how you feel, but chances are you two probably broke up for a reason (or several) and you are probably better off without him. Really, we can only speculate based on the information you shared. We'd have to have been there to really be able to help you assess the situation.

But, I'll tell you what.... my guy reaction based just on what you shared....

From what you say, it sounds like he saw you there. Then suddenly he "just happens" to stop two steps away from you while talking on his phone? I don't buy that for a second. I think he deliberately did that and was probably not even actually talking on his phone. He just saw you there and wanted to make sure you saw him.

Furthermore, unless I misunderstood, it doesn't sound like he ever actually talked to you. So, possible worst case scenario is he intentionally wanted to be a thorn in your side. Best case scenario, it's possible he still has some lingering feelings for you, but felt awkward and didn't know how to handle seeing you there.

Either way, though, you have a new boyfriend. Not only that, but most often our exes are our exes for a reason. Meaning whatever broke you two up in the first place PROBABLY hasn't changed, so why would it work now when it didn't then? Sure, SOMETIMES rekindling an old realtionship can work....it's just rare. Usually it is just best to keep your past in the past.

And, heck, if you find that maybe you aren't as into the current boyfriend as you thought, that past could even wind up including him. Maybe he's not the right match for you either. At the same time, though, maybe he IS and your ex is clouding that for you so you don't see it. Not easy answers you have to resolve, I know. I wish you luck in figuring out what you think will be best for you. Hopefully we have all been able to help you even if just in some small way.

You both had sort of a deer in the headlights reaction. No harm no foul. It's always awkward the first time you see an EX

Since you already have admitted to us and yourself that you still do. have feelings dir him, what do you have to fear or what do you have to lose by admitting it to him also?