+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Guy from summer camp cancelled on me..TWICE?

Guy from summer camp cancelled on me..TWICE?

So there's this dude I met while working at a summer camp which ended about a week ago and I found him attractive and started talking to him and on the last couple of days of summer camp I decided to ask for his snapchat to keep in touch. I would not try for a guy that I don't see showing signs in him possibly liking me back so I payed attention to things he said and did. For example He did things like complimented my earrings and mentioned how he noticed my pink nail polish color. He said my unit was his favorite and would come every morning to speak to me and my friend..my friend also mentioned that he would stare at me a lot and when I finally asked for his snapchat he was fidgeting a lot and accidentally clicked on "my friends" instead of "add friend" LOLLL anyways the day he added me I texted him alittle bit then mentioned how we didn't take a picture together . I used that as an opportunity to tell him about a basketball game coming up..to make this short and sweet he told me he would come to the game for the picture and he never did and he never texted me why or apologized. Ok then I didn't speak to him and was about to just stop talking to him but then something happened to this guy in summer camp we both knew and I decided again to text him first to tell him about it. Again to make things short I made plans with him to walk dogs at an animal shelter and he ended up saying hed love to go we even had the time and place we'd meet up and he still said he was gonna go when I texted him about it the day before, then when the day finally came I texted him good morning and he tells me he's "really sorry but he forgot his mom is having a reunion with her friends and he needs to stay and help her out" I was really mad and let him know it and he says he feels really bad and he's gonna make it up to me..is he really? Or am I completely over looking something?? Not to mention he was so good to speak to in person but he never texts me first and when I text him he sucks at texting (but he at least answers as soon as he sees my message) it's like a different person!! Help meeee

In a tree somwhere (I'm on the fifth leaf on the 16th branch)
    Stop talking to him. you've shown enough interest, its his turn. if he doesn't care then that's the end of that. no need to drag it out for no apparent reason
    He who laughs last, thinks the slowest

The reunion thing, that sounds like Bs. I th8nk his mom probably was having a reunion, but he wasn't obligated to help out. So in that sense he's trying to just be nice.

Here's what you do, don't get mad, that's a terrible way to go. Express your interest, which you have, and just say "Say it felt great when I met you at camp, and I would really like to see you again. So, just get in touch with me sometime when you think you can make definite plans with me ". Not word for word,but in your own language.

And end. You stated your interest, now you can walk away. The plus side with this? There's no confusion, he knows where you stand, you expressed what you want. And now you can simply move on. If he's ever interested or curious, he will reach out. You've made it safe for him to do so.

Plus, you dont look or feel like a fool for asking someone out without ever getting anywhere. And let's be realistic, you want someone that's easy to date. Not someone that's going to make things difficult like this. And who knows, he may get in touch with you again and when he does? Well, it's now up to you if you want to pursue things, he has to risk the possible rejection.

And while I used to criticize this approach as looking desperate, like youre an option/backup plan or like you'll always be available, but that's not true. They'll realize that they'll never hear from you again unless they reach out as the months pass. If they care, they'll eventually reach out. And if they don't? Well, they weren't interested in you enough for things to be realistically possible anyways.