+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Perfect date, now less contact. Why is this?

Perfect date, now less contact. Why is this?

Heya people! So I (F 20) met a guy (23) at a party that I really liked. Mutual attraction was definitely present. We ended up making out a lot but he never said anything sexual to me and never touched me anywhere else but my hands and back. So I found that to be very respectful. He seemed to be quite into me that day already.

Starting from that day we first met (last Saturday), he texted me every day and chatted to me for a few hours daily, asking me a lot of questions about anything and everything and was sending me a lot of songs he liked. Also on Monday he asked me to go out with him on Wednesday, which I agreed on.

That date on Wednesday went really well in my opinion. He made the impression to be very much into me and very much gave off that "being-in-love" vibe. Felt a bit quick for me, but was fine. Also he kept talking about certain things we had to do together soon, so was making plans in a way. After we had dinner at a restaurant we went to my place to watch a series we both like. The only thing that happened there, was us talking a lot, having a good time and cuddling and making out a lot.

He did at some point, when the making out got more intense, try to open up the back of my dress a bit, but I looked him in the eyes and said that I'd rather take it slow. He was absolutely ok with that and we continued making out, cuddling etc for ages. He even seemed the be more into me after I said that and got more cuddly and smiley. At some point also, he said he of course did like sex, but didn't think of it as very important anymore, and said there were way more important things than that, while holding me even closer and kissing my head.

The way he was holding me and holding my hand was seriously like he was absolutely into me. Like he held me so tight and didn't want to let go, was stroking my arms, hands and hair, and just seemed so smiley and happy and absolutely like he was feeling great around me. We did have so much in common it was crazy!

When it got quite late and he noticed I was getting super tired (I had to work the next day as opposed to him) he said "I know it's late, don't worry I'll go soon. I'll just stay 15 more minutes and I need to show you some more things" (we watched music videos at that point). But more and more time passed, and he said that a few times but still sticked around, until at some point I said that I really needed to get some sleep, so he left then but it was super late. When saying goodbye he was kissing me again for ages and shortly after he left he texted me "Thank you for the lovely evening. I'm looking forward to watch the next episode with you" and sent me another music video to watch. I swear to you, nobody has ever acted that much "in-love" around me.

So all that sounds really great, and I don't know whether I'm overreacting with this now, but on Thursday he didn't text me first after I finished work like he used to the days before our date. So I texted him first, which he replied to instantly. However, tho whole conversation on the Thursday was definitely less than we usually used to text and at some point I fell asleep and woke back up at like 4AM in the morning and replied to his text, which he shortly after replied to. Still not that bad.

But the thing is, we were texting on Friday as well, which was still the conversation of Thursday kind of dragged on, and his response time was just kind of slow, even though he was online in between (screw modern technology for that feature lol). This is just something that makes me insecure since he used to answer quicker before the date and always kept the conversation going by any means.

I did also ask him whether he wanted to watch the new episode of that show we watched together next Monday already, he said it would depend on his work rota but he'd definitely be free in the afternoon, which he thought wouldn't be that useful for me since I'd be at work (since he didn't know it was a bank holiday here in the U.K. because he has to work that day). But after I answered that I was off work Monday and could do afternoon, and evening too if he was free, he didn't reply in like half an hour despite being online for a few times. I don't think it ever took him that long to reply despite being online.

So me, being a very impatient person who has major trust issues too, I texted him "If you didn't like me anymore with sober eyes, just say it, that's fine!" which he instantly replied to, saying "All great, I didn't know it was a bank holiday because they don't apply to my job. Monday afternoon sounds good to me"

And after that we just texted a little bit more and he explained again why he never knew about bank holidays, but he didn't keep the conversation going as actively as before our date, and all in all, despite that that date felt perfect to me and like he was obviously very much interested in me, I do have a weird feeling now.

Could someone seem super interested in person but then kind of realise they're not that interested anymore just a few hours after?
    Or is it normal to not text a girl exceedingly much first, and as soon as it's clear that there's interest from her side present as well not anymore?
    I'm so damn inexperienced with dating, would be great to get some advice from you guys.
    I'm someone who just wants to know what's going on, I don't want to be left in the dark or waste my time thinking about someone who isn't that much into me anymore potentially.

I mean the only thing I can do now anyways is wait and see whether the Monday plans work out, but still this keeps wrecking my brain and I'd feel better if I'd have a clue, in either way.

Thanks a lot again in advance! Appreciate it a lot.

Some of us men just aren't that big into texting, like myself. Sometimes I'll do it moreso initially to build some rapport if it was from an online site or somebody I haven't spoken to in a long time, but ultimately, Im looking to get to know women in person. I just prefer it more that way. It's not that we don't care.

I like the anticipation, the mystery, and missing women.

However, if a man can't answer texts within 24 hours, that's kinda disrespectful and rude. That's a sign.

So you think it's perfectly fine, GLYC, that he isn't texting me loads all the time anymore like he used to after we first met? Should I just relax and still assume he's hugely into me? On the Thursday when I took the initiative with texting and still on Friday, he did reply to all my texts, sometimes instantly, but sometimes after a longer time, like 15 minutes. I just wasn't used to that from him and obviously since the situation changed (since after our most recent date) I got very unsure about it all.

Thanks for your reply!

In a tree somwhere (I'm on the fifth leaf on the 16th branch)
    First thing you need to know is his life. Don't assume that he's always free to send you messages. maybe that first time, he was just free and had a lot of time on his hands. If things work out between the both of you, you should start adjusting, otherwise you'll comes across as needy and suffocating if you want everything done your way
    He who laughs last, thinks the slowest

Quote Originally Posted by Londongal View Post
    So you think it's perfectly fine, GLYC, that he isn't texting me loads all the time anymore like he used to after we first met? Should I just relax and still assume he's hugely into me? On the Thursday when I took the initiative with texting and still on Friday, he did reply to all my texts, sometimes instantly, but sometimes after a longer time, like 15 minutes. I just wasn't used to that from him and obviously since the situation changed (since after our most recent date) I got very unsure about it all.

Thanks for your reply!
    Yes. 15 minutes.. come on hun. Be patient. Sometimes I don't return texts for hours and women do the same to me.
    It's fine, I think you might have some unnecessary high expectations right now (possibly due to his change in behavior), which happens, but just keep your cool.

The fact that he's still making plans with you, means he's interested.

I'm not saying to avoid every behavior or cue, but I would let this go right now.