+ Follow This Topic

Thread: always fizzles out into nothing...

always fizzles out into nothing...

I live a really busy life. I'm so independent. So my 'dating' life has become nonexistent. My focus shifted to myself; having fun going out for drinks on when I can whilst working my little butt off, even working weekends to purchase a brand new car, travel overseas and now save for a house deposit. Thus it always seems to fizz out with guys I flirt with because we never seem to make it to a date.
    My friends convinced me to get on Tinder. I always assumed tinder was a hook-up app and never bothered to put much thought into it. But they're always going on dates from it.
    A few weeks ago I matched with a guy and we seemed to hit it off really, really well. Exchanged numbers and snapchats and snapchatted pretty frequently. We text here and there, it's pretty casual. One Friday night I bit the bullet and asked if he wanted to come to dinner to me as a friend pulled out last minute. He was working. I teased him saying he was lying. He was really working as he snap chatted me him at work and messaged me saying the food looks amazing and that he missed out. Anyways he asked me if I wanted to catch up the following week. I was a smart ass and said I was working so we didn't end up catching up.
    Now it feels as though the excitement isn't there anymore. The replies to each other are taking longer, if any reply. This guy seems cool and we seem to get along really well. I wouldn't mind meeting him.
    My question is how do I stop it from fizzling out into nothing. Do I just put it to him saying to stop beating around the bush and lets meet or do i just keep taking this casually hoping he might ask me again to catch up?

A great way to do this, while retaining your femininity, and keeping him in the masculine role can be done by just saying something like, "Dave, I really enjoy talking with you and I would really like it if you asked me out sometime." You can play around with that and you can just suggestry going out for drinks or whatever. By you just saying "we should get together for drinks " or whatever, he should be able to plan the rest.

He might have thought that since you didn't bring up a reschedule date, or suggest that you two could possibly do it the next date that you weren't that interested.

In all honesty, men need to be direct and go for what they want, that's why things fizz out with other men you talk to, they lack being initiative and being assertive. The fact that you're still messaging this guy, if I was in his position and dating, and you were messaging me first, this would tell me that youre probably interested and want me to make a date.

The excitement is probably fizzling because that isn't dating. Dating is meeting up and getting to know each other in person, looking forward to seeing one another, etc.

I'm always amazed when people text for weeks on weeks without meeting. I've been there before as well, and surprisingly sometimes with some people it would fizzle out quite quickly after the date. Sometimes you meet up and realize that there actually sort of is a lack of chemistry. Some people are quite good at texting, but in person, they are a bit different. Anyways, I'm going off topic. Just bring up the idea of getting together , it won't look desperate or anything so why not.

In a tree somwhere (I'm on the fifth leaf on the 16th branch)
    I think you're the one beating around the bush and made yourself unavailable for no apparent reason. Just straight up ask him out again. Nothing wrong with that, who knows, it might lead to someting more than you've bargained for
    He who laughs last, thinks the slowest