+ Follow This Topic

Thread: No response to "I love you".

No response to "I love you".

I've been with my boyfriend for 5 months now (I'm 29, he's 32) and it's been great. He's consistent and trustworthy. He's handled me at my anxious and insecure times due to my past issues (I got out of an abusive marriage). He told me he isn't letting me go cause I'm worth it.

We were video chatting today as we live a few hours from each other and like our usual he closes his eyes while on the bed and I'll whisper things and he'll smile and it's usually so sweet.

So today I decided I'll just tell him I love him, I figure 5 months is a good time to say it and I've been wanting to scream it for months. So I told him close your eyes and he did as we usually do and I whispered "I love you."

I got nothing. He kept his eyes closed and said nothing. I can't be sure he heard me but I'm like 90% sure he did cause he usually hears whatever I whisper and he has headphones on, and if he didn't he'd have asked what did you say?

Anyway I think I saw him get red and a little awkward? He said he needs to call his buddy so they'd go workout and I tried to act as normal as I could.

It's just really odd that he'd pretend like he didn't even hear it? What do I do now? Say it again? Ask if he's heard me? Let it go and pretend like I didn't say it? Pack my stuff and move to Mexico? Was he just shell shocked?

Honestly I'm not upset that I didn't hear I love you back, but it's like it wasn't even acknowledged!?

In a tree somwhere (I'm on the fifth leaf on the 16th branch)
    Move near the border of mexico. Let it go for now. If you did see a reaction then it is better to assume that he heard it but wasn't ready to react to it. Next time and i mean give it enough time, and he doesn't tell you the same, you could try again and this time when his attention is on you, then go from there
    He who laughs last, thinks the slowest

I'm really thinking about just pretending like it didn't even happen, if he'll pretend that he didn't hear it, I'll pretend like I never said it.

Sign of every healthy relationship 😜