+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Calling all dudes: What is this guy thinking?

Calling all dudes: What is this guy thinking?

Hi All!

I will try to make this short and sweet. I am a 30 (F) dating a guy 38 (M) consistently (2X a week) for exactly 3 months.

He has consistently initiated and asked me out every week. He does not text daily but about every two days or so and we keep in contact. Consistently early in the week, he will ask my availability and we go out 2X a week. I slept with him after a month (around 5th or 6th date).

We have spent a holiday together, dates consist of dinners, concerts, and we recently went on two weekend getaways to the lake. This past weekend we had our first more casual date where we stayed in on a Friday, cooked dinner together, set the table, he lit a candle, it seemed more romantic. He then asked me this past early Sunday morning to go out to dinner that same night. I said yes. Sunday he seemed more open, saying things like "I need to take you on this hike" or "we should go up north here" etc.

I have only asked him out once to a concert. Our pattern is typically he initiates, and I happily except. I am starting to have feelings although we have never discussed. What does this mean? Is this going anywhere?

With the holiday weekend approaching, we have exchanged a few texts since Sunday during this week about work, small talk etc. Should I ask him his plans? Bottom line, it's been exactly three months , trying to decipher from an outsider's perspective, if you think he's interested long-term? (yes I know I could ask him, but want to get overall opinion)

Thanks SO MUCH!

Hi maddie,

Mark here, i may be a little younger than you and your partner but i can say this. being yall have only been together for 3 months, if you think both of you are getting serious just have a sit down and talk to eachother about what you both want and what you both are expecting with the relationship. better to find out now than years later. hope this helps!

I can understand why you would want a guy's opinion on this. It seems like the two of you are exclusive. Why WOULDN"T you ask him about his plans? You said it yourself that you could ask him about his intentions. The way you described your dating, it seemed so cut and dry and formal. You say you are having more serious feelings for him. What kind of vibes are you picking up from him?

You can ask us where we think it's going or if he is interested in something long term, but seriously, how would we know? Has the way he treats you and acts around you changed since when you first started dating? You must have some idea. Three months is a good amount of time to decide if you want something more serious or not.