+ Follow This Topic

Thread: It's the 2nd time!

It's the 2nd time!

hello....
    I was in a relationship for around 11 months (I am 19, and she's 18)... after the 1st 4 months, she dumped me because she was afraid if her mom knew, she will kill her.... after 4 months of dumpness... she returned after she realized "how much she loves me", and now, after 3 months of "new love", her mother put her between 2 options: either her university, or me!!!! So she told me that, and we decided to................................................ ...

I really want to forget her completely; many things remind me of her, almost everything! I have tests after 5 days, I realized that I can somehow forget her by focusing on my university.. but I saw her in my dreams tonight around 20 times....
    give me tips to forget her completely.. I am tired.. really tired

Sorry, bud. Ain't gonna happen. You'll, probably, never forget her altogether. All you can do is learn to cope with memories of her. Over time, they'll become less and less poignant but will, likely, never entirely disappear. Ask for another solution.
    Speak less. Say more.

Quote Originally Posted by whaywardj
    Sorry, bud. Ain't gonna happen. You'll, probably, never forget her altogether. All you can do is learn to cope with memories of her. Over time, they'll become less and less poignant but will, likely, never entirely disappear. Ask for another solution.
    Memories wont hurt me if I forgot my feelings toward her, right??
    so what I mean is to forget completely my feelings, so that I can deal easily with the memories... yeah, you had the right point.

Try looking at it this way: Instead of trying to forget your feelings because they hurt you, try enjoying them because you were able to have them at all.

All of us will go through several love relationships in the course of our lives. Generally, at the beginning of each one, there will be a sometimes explicit and sometimes vaque notion (or hope) in our minds that THIS one is THE one. And we will set about pouring all our expectations into this one occurrence of loving.

It takes a little time and a few failures of expectation for most of us to come around to understanding there is no such thing as THE ONE; that THAT is just an ideal, an illusion, we use to guide us to our next becoming, and that each of the romances we've experienced has made a small contribution to our understanding more perfectly what it is in another we will say 'yes' to and what it is we'll not. Failures of the former romance become practice to assure the success of the next.

Eventually, we "get" that THE ONE is, really, only the one we choose to continue with on a daily basis. Everyday, we make small, often unconscious, decisions that lead us to either continue with THIS person, or move on to THAT one. All the others before each gave us something that helps us make and manage those decisions. To that extent, I'd think, we should be grateful to them ALL for what they offered us, whether good or bad. Whichever it was, it made it easier for us to make choices about who we're with today, and know better how to do what it takes to stay with them.
    Last edited by whaywardj; 23-10-05 at 09:55 PM.
    Speak less. Say more.

Time will take care of the feelings. The memories will remain.

again , thats the only grudge i have with the human brain, i can remember at will but forgetting something is beyond my power.

Time will heal. but not if you dont learn your lesson.

Hussain
    Are there no prisons? Are there no workhouses? - The Ghost of Christmas Past