+ Follow This Topic

Thread: GUYS.........should I reach out????

GUYS.........should I reach out????

So to give you a little background, I have been talking to this guy on Tinder for roughly a month now. We would talk everyday and our conversations were good. We've had talks about how neither one of us are really seeing anyone and haven't dated much recently. We finally met last week and he ended up staying the night and we slept together (mistake I know)!!!!!! Neither one of us were planning on that to happen, but it did. It was good and we talked afterwards and things seemed light and fun. The next day, he texted me in the evening just basically saying “hey what’s up??” and we talked back and forth a little, but I noticed his texts were shorter than usual. He continues to respond back and forth to me, but should I be taking the hint he isn’t interested? I have since stopped responding....but I'm not sure if I should reach out to see what's going on. If he's not interested, why would he have even reached out?

So are YOU interested in him? I am assuming you since you are posting on the forum, but you don't sound like you really want to.

I am interested, but I just don't want to come off as clingy or stupid. I think me not responding is my defense mechanism so I don't get hurt, but I'd rather just know if he's interested or not.

I would think he is interested since he keeps reaching out to you. Who knows why his text gets shorter, maybe he has video game thumbs..=). Just ask him if he wants to get serious and start dating if that's what you want.

I think you feel guilty for sleeping with him right away. Women are made to feel slutty for that type of behavior. Why would you think he wasn't interested if he continued to text you? Again, I think you are thinking less of yourself and perhaps thinking he is thinking the same. If you have stopped responding, then you are the one sending the signal that you aren't interested. I don't think anyone, male or female, likes being toyed with. I don't know how much time has passed since your last interaction, but it probably couldn't hurt to see what he's up to.