+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What is she thinking?

What is she thinking?

So i asked a coworker out 6 months ago, she said no. I said lets be friends. She said she is not even friends with co workers, so i left it at that. She is in charge of giving out big prizes at work. Well i have been winning suite tickets, every time i win she hosts the event and it is me and her in thr suite and we get along great, really great. Some have even said i think she rigs it because when she hosts you win. Anyway last week she stopped me in the parking lot to talk. We talked alot about her personal life for an hour. She could of left several times, but she wanted to stay, I mentioned i was bringing my daughter to work and she gave me her number to call her when i bring my daughter in. When i come to work there were suite tickets left for me for a kids event. I texted her to say i am not going, she replied back that she was going to be there because she is hosting ao i said ok i will go. The event was great. I texted her the next day thank you, and we texted back and forth over a 3 hour period. Then a couple days later she texted me happy birthday but didnt respond to my response. So a couple days after that i texted her that i wish she would let me get to know her and her know me. She didnt reply

Sounds like she is playing games with you. I would just be blunt and ask her out again. Office dating is always dicey so I would stay away if you can though.

As a woman, many times we think we can just be friendly with guys like we are with other women but, men can receive these things as mixed signals and personally I can understand why.

She did tell you no to a date and to even being friends, but then she talked to you about her personal life and showed interest in you going to the kids event. I think she felt she was keeping the texting casual, but then you told her you wanted to get to know her better which seemed to scare her off. As a woman, even I feel like there is a lot of mixed signals there. Maybe she has just been through a break up and isn't sure what she wants right now. I guess it depends on how invested you are.

I agree with your response 100% snow white. I appreciate the womans point of view. I honestly very much like this person. When i asked her out 6 months ago, and she said no i did tell her i respect her choice and i would not do it again. I thought her stopping me in the parking lot, and telling me alot of personal stuff went against not wanting to be even friends with a coworker. Then giving me her number after telling me no before. She went home and emailed me her number 20 mins after our 1 hour chat. I thought maybe she liked me and changed her mind about at least being friends