+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [B][FONT=Comic Sans MS]My 19yrs old daughter is leaving for the Army : ([/FONT][/B]

[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS]My 19yrs old daughter is leaving for the Army : ([/FONT][/B]

Hi!
    My daughter is 19, she enroll to go in the army as (infentry), I told her many times that I don't think she should do this but she told me that.. she is young and she really want to do this, if she fail then at least she has try something that she wanted to do for a long time...

I don't know how too feel about that, HAPPY FOR HER but in the other hand I feel like crap because I know that the training is pretty hard and I am sceard that once she has done that she will be send out in the peace keeping mission in those place...

12 days before she goes... they are coming pretty fast...

Wish her luck from us at LF.c. I think if you posted her pic, it, may make the time go more slowly.

I don't know about that...I don't think that she wants me too do this.. she actually pretty private

Tone Guest
    Canada has an army???

Just teasin! ;p

I'm actually thinkin of goin to the Air Force (again).

Quote Originally Posted by Tone
    Canada has an army???
    Yes; apparently it's comprised of 19 year old girls. Ooooooo, scary.

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Oh frenchy! I would say even though it's hard for you, you have to let her go. I know it's very scary but the feeling of accomplishment and confidence she will have be outstanding! Most likely she would go to training and then be deployed somewhere within the states first. I have several friends that were/are in the armed forces. Most of them marines, but some air force as well and some are still active. Try not to owrry too much, and look at it as though your daughter is wanting to do something very important for herself and others.

*hugs frenchy*
    If you can't handle the thorns, don't crave the rose!!

Tone Guest

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    lol... Canada geezzzzz!!!!

Canada has an army???

Just teasin! ;p

I'm actually thinkin of goin to the Air Force (again).
    TONE! you always make fun of me.... waa waa waa...

Well I personnaly think that for a women the traning is pretty hard, but she accutually pretty strong..she might pull through it...I hope so because she really wants to do it!

Tone...IS IT YOU ON THE LITTLE BOAT..? HIHIHI...

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebud
    Oh frenchy! I would say even though it's hard for you, you have to let her go. I know it's very scary but the feeling of accomplishment and confidence she will have be outstanding! Most likely she would go to training and then be deployed somewhere within the states first. I have several friends that were/are in the armed forces. Most of them marines, but some air force as well and some are still active. Try not to owrry too much, and look at it as though your daughter is wanting to do something very important for herself and others.

*hugs frenchy*
    I guess I don't have much choice... I just hope that she won't have too too much problem out there!!

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I now frenchy! i can feel for you... Even though you don't want to, just keep encouraging her and you'll help her have the motivation to strive and strive well!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebud
    I now frenchy! i can feel for you... Even though you don't want to, just keep encouraging her and you'll help her have the motivation to strive and strive well!!
    Well at the begining was pretty upset because she is only 19 and sometime they change decision pretty quick but then she told that I should be happy for her and be proud that she wants to do something with her life..So I had to accept what she wants! I just find it really hard to see her leaving, we are very close to eachother. Really her and my son are the closes people to me, well except from my bf..(but you know about him, right, no need to talk about that, well other that lately he has change but we see) so yes we are very close together and then I can see how my mom was feeling when I left Quebec to come in an english province...

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    My cousin joined the army in the US last spring.... They called her up and made it sound like a luxury resort....and she went... She called a few weeks later and was extremely homesick........

Now shes back cuz she got discharged from messing up her knee....

Hopefully in Canada its better....
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

Quote Originally Posted by Ellynn
    My cousin joined the army in the US last spring.... They called her up and made it sound like a luxury resort....and she went... She called a few weeks later and was extremely homesick........

Now shes back cuz she got discharged from messing up her knee....

Hopefully in Canada its better....
    Hopefully Ellynn! Sorry about your cousin, last Thursday she went to pass all day at the base where they show her a movie of what she will do, and they actually told her that its not easy and she even told me herself that she know it will be hard! I actually think that she can pass because she is very sportif, she play a lots of sport and does a lots of training... but the winter is her ennemy because she always get those severe lung infection, and I told her that if she doesn't take care of what she eat, she might get sick there and they would probably gave her a discharge because she is sick and she won't like that... so for like 3 month now she was not going to the bar, eat proprely and stop drinking beer, because she said that beer lower your immune system, so I really that she cares about that..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast