+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My first crush, don't know what to think about it, please help :(

My first crush, don't know what to think about it, please help :(

Hi All,

I'm sorry if I may sound stupid but I'm 18 and I don't have any dating experience yet... (I think I'm too insecure).
    So there's that one boy I really like, I've seen him many times but we have never had a chance to talk until a few weeks ago.
    He seemed nice and intelligent but I think he's out of my league. I've seen him today and he was the one who had started the conversation, also it turns out he remembers a lot from our previous conversation (the breed of my new puppy, that I was going away for a week to see my parents, that I'm horrible with remembering people's names etc.)

I have to add that our mutual friend had said to me 'I think you should like him. He's mentioned your name a few times'. I don't know if my friend's just winding me up but I've caught my crush staring at me a few times before. Maybe I'm just seeing things that I want to see...

I really don't know what to think... he's talking to many girls and always seems to be having a great time with them but he's always being quiet when I'm around. Why would he be?

I do have a crush on him and completely don't know what is going on and can't stop thinking about it. I'd really appreciate your opinions on my case.
    I won't get to see him for the next few weeks, and I don't want to act like an idiot when we finally meet again.

Please, please, tell me, do I even have a chance? There's so many pretty girls around and I'm just... so ordinary. I don't wear much make up and definitely I'm not one of these cool, hot girls.

Thank you in advance for any piece of advice
    Tonne
    Last edited by Tonne99; 20-09-17 at 07:43 AM.

It is funny that you imply you should have dating experience while you are only 18 years old, don't worry Tonne, that is completely normal!

As to whether he likes you more as just friends, I must say I find that difficult to judge. From what you describe it seems he may be into you. But I think you should try to find out through your interactions with him. Smile at him when you catch him staring at you :-)

Is this mutual friend of yours a guy?

You should not tell yourself you are a lesser person than the other girls. For all you know he actually likes that fact that you don't wear a lot of make-up!

Enjoy the butterflies! ;-)

Yeah, I agree that it is very difficult to tell. Just spend more time when you get the chance. Once you know more about each other, it will become more obvious if there is a connection or not.