+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Mad because she thinks I am Mad

Mad because she thinks I am Mad

I recently celebrated my birthday at the beginning of this month. I didn't make any real plans because it was during the middle of the week and I had work obligations that would cause me to work away from home for half a day. My girlfriend of 5 years had a deadline at work which she had been working crazy on that was due on my birthday.

I finished work around 1 pm and called her but didn't get an answer so I texted her that I was done for the day. She text me back around 1:50 pm and said she would be finished with her project in a few and would call. I didn't get a call so I text around 3:30 pm saying she must have gotten busy to which she responded around 4:50 pm that she would be leaving work soon and we had reservations for 700 pm.

Well I had just eaten because I was starving and I didn't eat breakfast because I don't like to take a chance with getting an upset stomach when I travel for work. Well she got upset that I had just eaten and said I wasn't hungry. But I didn't even know of the dinner plan , the time, or the place.

She is now upset because she feels that I had eaten on purpose because she worked later than she said...which I didn't and would've said if that was the case. She then brings up an argument from 4 years ago where I worked late on her birthday. I didn't argue about how ridiculous that was because at least on her b-day, I had sent for her because I was working in New York and had a whole 4 day trip to Canada planned. So she is so upset about me eating that she goes off on a texting rampage about how wrong I am and how she had taken off on Friday (did not know either) so we could really celebrate. How she had purchased groceries to make a special breakfast for me but I did not want any breakfast.

So the long and short of it is that I did not even see her the rest of the evening because she said that I must need space. I didn't even get to do a late dinner. I didn't even get a cake. I am really close to my family and they kept asking what I was doing because I live away from home. I just had to lie to them that I was enjoying my day so that I would not upset them about how horrible my day really was. The real kicker to everything was that she had the audacity to tell me to be sure to respond to her mother's text because she had told her she text me earlier but had not heard from me. I had already texted her mother a response but it was just an extra hard slap in the face that she was concerned about her mother when I was the one having a horrible birthday because of her and had no type of celebration of it.

AM I Crazy? Am I missing something that I could have done differently? Should I have apologized for eating...bc I told her I would be just fine with watching a movie at home with her?

Hello franks0920, welcome aboard. Enjoy your visits.
    "Invest wisely and have money work hard for you"