+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Can only develop feelings for women i can't have

Can only develop feelings for women i can't have

This is a trend I've been noticing in my life. I've been in love 4 times in my life.

1. Girl i knew since i was 5, just friends. Always loved her, she just wanted to be friends. The age old story right? Told her i loved her when i was 16, didn't work out

2. Girl i met through a friend. Started going out drives but wasn't flirty enough and she started seeing me as a friend. I started to like her more and more because we were so friendly. But at the same time i was becoming less and less of a dating option for her. We seen each other daily for a year, i had a girlfriend at the time. She ended up cutting contact from me because she knew i liked her.

3. Work college with a boyfriend, didn't like her to begin with then started to become infatuated. Told her and she freaked out.

4. Another work girl. (I posted about her at the start of the year) She has a boyfriend, i fell crazy in love with her but knew i would never do anything.

And noww i've got a new job. A woman that works with me is the one who got me the job. An old family friend. She is 8 years older than me. Two kids and husband. Kindest person ever. And i can feel the same feelings starting to grow!!

So it's as if i like falling for girls i know i can't have! Also, during this time i never feel like going on dates or anything, i just hookup with random girls.

I basically want to feel the way i felt with those girls but with a girl that isn't taken, and i don't know if i can do it!

Any advice folks?

Thanks

Well, I am pretty much in the same situation except that it is guys in my case. �� I actually tried quite a few things, but nothing has worked so far and I am old in terms of numbers. I have been wondering if I am meant to stay alone.
    I blog about it and find compensation in other activities. Eventually, things may change. There is no knowing, is there?