+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I can't forgive myself for something that I did

You are wrong.
    You should be sorry because you drunk so much that you weren’t in control anymore.

However making a move on someone you have a crush (maybe at the wrong time) is nothing to be ashamed for or even worse to apologize for

Please don’t castrate yourself emotionally just because she is not into you.

Move on. There’s plenty of fish in the sea.

Quote Originally Posted by pcmaster View Post
    Now just dont let the succsess with girls be your measurment how good you are. You tried hard with a girl but got very little to no results and that can damage confidence with girls. But you dont have to see girls as something that needs a lot of effort. With some girls its easy to progress with others its hard or basicaly impossi le. See each girl as diferent even if attitute towards you might be similar from them sometimes. Also when you get lucky with girls dont get cocky or think you got it all cause relationships takes work and self development in longterm. Just be careful dont become lazy or take things for granted once you hit the base of your goal. It will be interesting to see you grow and progress so keep coming back to forum to update on your attemps with girls. For me it took years of bad luck and disapointment but then last year one message to girl(girl I never met or talked to)
    who I was sure wont respond changed it all. Went from a guy who havent really kissed girl in whole life to guy who ends up in bed with 3 diferent girls during 6 months and refused chance to have sex with each of them. So all it takes sometimes is to give it one last shot cause there might be opportunity you didnt even knew exist for you. Not selling sex here just saying that dont leave stone unturned.
    I would never be cocky or bad towards someone, especially when its a girl who I like.
    I'd rather leave instead of being an asshole because I'm just not that type of person.
    and of course I will come back, thank you very much once again for all your help and support!
    [MENTION=42177]pcmaster[/MENTION] [MENTION=71386]TheEvilJester[/MENTION] [MENTION=85795]GLYC[/MENTION] [MENTION=85121]Hooo![/MENTION] [MENTION=69583]richiro[/MENTION]

How can you be experienced enough to get drunk but not experienced enough to know a kiss is just a kiss. It's not that special unless it's your wedding day or your first time( but for the most part a kiss is nothing. All my girls tell me how disappointed they are when they had their first kiss, what a girl really wants is a man that treats her well..

Growing pains in romance. If she's saying it's okay then she's probably fine with the situation. Know not to repeat the same situation and keep on dating others.
    Psychoanalytical Psychotherapist: Online and In Office Psychotherapy Sessions.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoukon View Post
    Growing pains in romance. If she's saying it's okay then she's probably fine with the situation. Know not to repeat the same situation and keep on dating others.
    and what if she says that it's ok and then disappear?
    anyway, I've kinda had enough of this whole 'friendship' and even if she will ever contact me in the future it would never be the same again.
    I'm not sure if the 'Silent treatment' that I'm going through is on purpose or not but seriously, it doesn't metter anymore,
    it already passed the point of no return.
    Last edited by AT95; 12-10-17 at 12:11 AM.

Then it was okay and that was the end of everything. If anything was wrongly done, it was forgiven, so the guilt would not be coming from the person who may have had a wrong deed done to them, and then you can keep progressing in constructive growth in life taking careful thought to not repeat anything you feel is destructive to you or others around you.
    Psychoanalytical Psychotherapist: Online and In Office Psychotherapy Sessions.

Yeah, it certainly would be nice if she could just be honest with you. If it DID change things for her, she could have just gently told you that and it would have made it easier to move on. That is, assuming that IS the case. I can't really know that. But, assuming the "silent treatment" is intentional... I would venture to guess she probably isn't doing it maliciously. She probably isn't intending to hurt you. It's just sort of an awkward and uncomfortable situation that is hard to know how to handle.

That said, I still think your conclusion is correct. Honestly, it doesn't matter whether she is intending to hurt you or not, it hurts you all the same. Sure, you made a mistake, but you deserve the chance to learn from that mistake a move on. Would have been nice if that could have been with her still as a friend, but since it doesn't seem that is possible you are definitely better just to forget her. When it comes right down to it, if any relationship (be it as friends or more) is only bringing you pain, that is definitely a good time to start thinking about whether it is one that is really worth keeping up.

Good luck to you!

Quote Originally Posted by TheEvilJester View Post
    Yeah, it certainly would be nice if she could just be honest with you. If it DID change things for her, she could have just gently told you that and it would have made it easier to move on. That is, assuming that IS the case. I can't really know that. But, assuming the "silent treatment" is intentional... I would venture to guess she probably isn't doing it maliciously. She probably isn't intending to hurt you. It's just sort of an awkward and uncomfortable situation that is hard to know how to handle.

That said, I still think your conclusion is correct. Honestly, it doesn't matter whether she is intending to hurt you or not, it hurts you all the same. Sure, you made a mistake, but you deserve the chance to learn from that mistake a move on. Would have been nice if that could have been with her still as a friend, but since it doesn't seem that is possible you are definitely better just to forget her. When it comes right down to it, if any relationship (be it as friends or more) is only bringing you pain, that is definitely a good time to start thinking about whether it is one that is really worth keeping up.

Good luck to you!
    It may sound funny but it's like our friendship was going through a couple of stages during the past 3 months
    and we just reached the point where we don't talk to each other at all anymore.
    I'm not sure if she's being so cold to be because of that or if it's just her ego (like, if I won't contact her first then she won't do that neither)
    but I would more than appreciate that if she could at least be honest with me and tell me what is going on.
    The worst part about it is that in the beginning of our friendship she was the one who told me that for her honesty is the most important thing
    no matter what kind of realationship your in and I was always loyal and honest with her about anything.
    but again, it doesn't matter anymore. with all my love to her this whole situation just got me disgusted.
    and it's not like I'm mad at her or something but as I mentioned before even if we will stay friends it would never be the same

You have never had a friendship
    You don’t lie to your friends
    And you always wanted to be more then her friend

Your problem is that you acted as if you don’t have balls from the start
    And then you even apologize for it

Instead of being like: yes I like you and I want you to be with me sexually you are like
    Oh I am so sorry that i wanted to kiss (oh no!!!! What a shame ) you and I value our friendship so much

That bullshit doesn’t convince anyone
    All it does is make me wanna puke

Quote Originally Posted by Hooo! View Post
    You have never had a friendship
    You don’t lie to your friends
    And you always wanted to be more then her friend

Your problem is that you acted as if you don’t have balls from the start
    And then you even apologize for it

Instead of being like: yes I like you and I want you to be with me sexually you are like
    Oh I am so sorry that i wanted to kiss (oh no!!!! What a shame ) you and I value our friendship so much

That bullshit doesn’t convince anyone
    All it does is make me wanna puke
    My problem is that I realize things too late, when I'm already deep in the mud.
    but for now it is what it is..

Quote Originally Posted by AT95 View Post
    My problem is that I realize things too late, when I'm already deep in the mud.
    but for now it is what it is..
    It takes experience, next time when you will see this pattern repeating you gona act sooner accordingly. It takes learning to feel nothing and loving those who loves you back.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

It takes experience, next time when you will see this pattern repeating you gona act sooner accordingly. It takes learning to feel nothing and loving those who loves you back.
    She just sent me a message a couple of days ago (nothing special, just another regular "whats up" text)
    and we had a quick talk although it was kinda awkward (personal for me)
    and a couple of days later I also sent her a message, but we got to the point where we have nothing to talk about anymore..
    It's like, the excitment is completely gone and because it's a long distance friendship and everyone minds his own business we can barely talk
    and besides that texting in general became boring and I tried to call her twice but she never answered/returned a phone call
    Anyway, it is what it is , I've kinda got used to it already.. just wanted to update you guys.
    Last edited by AT95; 27-10-17 at 04:40 PM.

So thats good. One thing have ended. Whats next? Whsts the future plans? What you gona do now?
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

So thats good. One thing have ended. Whats next? Whsts the future plans? What you gona do now?
    I don't know man, I guess to continue living my life, studying , working and improving myself without her as part of it..
    I'm still not at peace with it and if that was in my hands I'd prefer to continue to remain friends with her with all the negativity in it for me
    but that's not the case.. I'll try to stay strong

You don’t have to be strong
    You just have to deal with shit you did

If you have learned and would not make the same errors again everything is alright
    If you think I am insulting you with my post or bashing you: You do not get the point.
    I am not here to insult or bash anyone. I offer up my free time to help. Take from my post what is useful to you.
    If you are angry about my post or myself, then please stop and think how that happened. Usually that is the way the brain responds if a critical belief system is challenged (its called cognitive dissonance). If you have trouble with it please answer in the thread. I will come back to you.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast