+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I am so clueless about flirting that I cannot tell if she was hitting on me.

I am so clueless about flirting that I cannot tell if she was hitting on me.

So for the last few months there's this girl that I've seen at university that I've interacted with a bit. Usually it's just small talk. Sometimes I would start it and be met with different behaviors. (Sometimes friendly, sometimes shy and reserved.) Most of the time though she would start it. I never really thought much about it before, nor had I really had any interest. Yesterday though, we somehow got in to a longer conversation with her and she started asking me what I'm majoring in, why I like it, etc. and we talked about some of the classes that we are both struggling in. Towards the end of the conversation is when things got kind of interesting. She asked what I was doing later that night, and I told her that I was going to go home and work on homework. Which was an honest answer. I really was. She had also pulled our her phone to check her planner to see what else she had going on that day and she said that she "actually wasn't loaded with 5,000 things to do." It was about this time that the conversation ended because she noticed that she was late for a club meeting. She apologized, and said bye. I asked her what her name was, she answered, she asked me mine, I answered. She said that I looked like a (name) and left.

Now at the time, I just made this out to be a friendly conversation, but thinking about it later, I am thinking that she may have been hitting on me, but in a subtle way. I realize that this is probably a stupid question but I thought I would ask anyway. I also realize that this does not have a straightforward answer, so this is more of a general question about if this is a common pattern that girls use when they are interested. Plus, I feel like an asshole now because if she was hitting on me with the "what are you doing later" question, my answer must have been quite a letdown.

She was probably interested in doing something later with you. Do you like her? Next time when she asks, "Not much, just some hw. Do you want to do somethign?" Or better yet, you can initiate. I am assuming you don't mind spending time with her.

Quote Originally Posted by madotnw_nihs View Post
    She was probably interested in doing something later with you. Do you like her? Next time when she asks, "Not much, just some hw. Do you want to do somethign?" Or better yet, you can initiate. I am assuming you don't mind spending time with her.
    I really did not know her all that well before, but now that I know her better, I do like her. I've only seen her once since that interaction, and it went fairly well. As I was leaving from our second conversation, I told her that I'd probably see her later that day, to which she responded with "here's to hoping." I haven't seen her since then though.

Do you have her number? Don't let the opportunity slip by. Good Luck

Do you have her number? Don't let the opportunity slip by. Good Luck
    No I do not have her number. If I did, I would have texted her asking her out already, but since I do not have it I have to wait until the next time I see her to ask her out and get her number. If she is interested me, and I am certain that she is, I am a little confused as to why because Muslim and I think there's a rule about them not dating or something. Not sure.

I have plenty of Muslim friends that date. Certainly the traditional Muslim culture prohibits dating, but it depends how strict the family is in that regards. It is something I would ask her when the time is right. Good luck.

I have plenty of Muslim friends that date. Certainly the traditional Muslim culture prohibits dating, but it depends how strict the family is in that regards. It is something I would ask her when the time is right. Good luck.
    Thanks! For your Muslims friends that date, do they date non-Muslims? As you probably can guess, I am not Muslim. Also, do they wear Hijab? Because this girl does.

Yes they date non-muslims.
    No they did not wear Hijab.

Yes they date non-muslims.
    No they did not wear Hijab.
    Alright, thanks for your input. I guess I will just give it a try and see what happens!

Be a man, grow some balls. Ask her out! I say, she is already going out her way to ask you what you are doing later. That's a big deal to a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by omgtotallyxo View Post
    Be a man, grow some balls. Ask her out! I say, she is already going out her way to ask you what you are doing later. That's a big deal to a girl.
    Well put. I will do so the next time I see her!

Alright, so the other day I finally saw her and asked her if she has some free time in the future because I'd like to hang out with her some time, but I was not sure when because I know she is busy and I am very busy as well. I got her number, and texted her my name on Thursday, and Friday night, I got a text from her saying that she was sorry that she didn't respond earlier, and she explained that she was busy doing a ton of work. She also addressed something that was mentioned in my intro text. I responded Saturday morning, and it's now Sunday afternoon, and nothing back yet.

It is my understanding that a girl that is interested tends to respond very quickly, yet she hasn't been even though I believe she is interested. Any suggestions? I can respect that she is busy because I am too (we're both college students after all), but I'm just wondering if I should give up and move on or stick it out for a bit?

Contact Dr. DUGO on E-mail: dugo_d()yahoo.com, he has the spiritual charm to make everything right back for you. Trust me