+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How to Get Him To Ask Me Out

How to Get Him To Ask Me Out

I have been seeing signs of interest from a guy:

-glancing at me from across the room and we held eye contact
    -holding his gaze for prolonged period of time without looking away when we talk
    -lingering around me
    -initiating conversations (but related to school and safe topics but not of urgency)
    -trying to look good (him dressing to the nines when he know I will be looking at him)
    -chewing minty gum when he was talking to me (I have a feeling he only does it if he knows he would be talking to me)

Some things was confusing me however are:

-talking to other girls
    -he was lingering around me, said hi to the person next to me in the hallways but wouldn't say hi to me
    -when i hinted "I am so stressed, I need someone to talk to/chill with", he didn't respond for a long time and then finally said "try handling a million projects like me.LOL"

I have been sending out signals like touching him on the arm, holding my gaze when I talk to him, glancing at him from across the room, initiating conversations, telling him how I like we have many classes together, etc. I think he know I might be interested. But he hasn't asked me out.

What to do? Please don't tell me to ask him out. I'm a traditional type of girl so I won't be doing that.

Maybe he is shy or a little dense. Your confusing points aren't too in-ordinary, so I wouldn't worry about it. Are you oppose to asking him to just hang out?
    Do you have his number, so you can communicate without seeing each other?

Asking him to hang out is basically asking him out. It's doing all the work for him. According to a best selling book "He is just not that into you", if he isn't asking me out, he just isn't that into me.
    Last edited by omgtotallyxo; 06-10-17 at 04:47 AM.

I certainly don't subscribe to that theory. Plenty of guys don't ask girls out even though they have a crush on him. I know I was like that back in high school even though the signals were clear. Just keep sending him signals and hope for the best. Try to be in more 1 on1 situations with him without others. Send him texts. Give him little gifts that he may like.

I agree with Madotnw.
    I don't support the mentality that a guy has to do all of the chasing, flirting is a two-way effort and I like to go after what I want (though I find it scary as well).

Anyway, when talking one-on-one with him you could make suggestions of things you would love to go do in the near future. For example: "Have you tried the apple pie at Cafe X? I would love to try it because I've heard it is amazing!". Try to keep it quite casual I would say. I suppose that asking you out will become a little bit more easier for him, because any concerns he might have of not knowing where to take you are taken away.
    Last edited by Spinosaurus; 06-10-17 at 10:34 PM.

hint at things that owuld be fun to do together...
    hint at upcomign things you'd enjoy attending or doing.
    ask him out...
    tease him that he should ask you out so you can both go to (insert event here)

or

ask him out! its the 21st century.. stop acting like a girl from the 1500's..... its okay to ask him out.