+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Where do I go from here?

Where do I go from here?

So my boyfriend and I have known each other for the past five years, been best friends for 3 and together for 2. He’s a great person with a great personality but sometimes I’ve been wondering if we’re too different from each other. See, my parents don’t really approve and they’ve had him on a rollercoaster ride due to his race, and condemn him little ways that hurt him a lot. This I understand. I will never know what it really feels like but I understand that he will be hurt by the situation he’s in. Lately however, he’s began to be a little insultive, don’t get me wrong, we do this sometimes as a form of play and it’s fine, but it’s because excessive from his side, so much to the point where I’m starting to believe that he actually means some of the stuff he says. He’s also very protective of me and is extremely possessive of me which most times I don’t mind. However, he tends to rate whatever friends I choose because I don’t have good judge of character due to past friendships where things have gotten bad. I get that he’s just looking out for me, but now i feel like I don’t have a life outside of him because basically his friends are mine now (although I still feel like the outsider). For his birthday, I and his friends planned a surprise dinner for him after I’d taken him out for dinner, and after the surprise, his friends suggested that we all go to the beach, which I couldn’t do due to exams the following Monday and I thought that he wouldn’t have gone as well, but instead left me home. If I’d done the same, he’d have told me that I put my friends before him and he’s always second place to my friends. But him going out without me has happened more than once, when I never go out without him due to me not having anyone else to hang out with besides him and his friends. I’ve reached the point where I feel like an outsider because I’m not a “party type” person whereas he and his friends are.
    I honestly just need some kind of advice on where I stand in his life at this point because I don’t know what to do or how to feel.

Not to worry every problem has solution, but be always faith.

Two bits of advice for two different problems
    1 Tell your parents to stop the racsit ****
    And 2 tell him exactly what you told us.

You need to learn to resolve such matters constructively and together in any relationship