+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My bf has a problem with my new job???

My bf has a problem with my new job???

I'm having serious issues with my 4 1/2 year long boyfriend.

We recently purchased a house together and he is always on me about money. My best friend started working at Twin Peaks which is like a hooters-type restaurant for anyone who doesn't know... and she is making AMAZING money there. I just started as a second job because I was so impressed. I talked it over with my boyfriend before I accepted the job, and he definitely was NOT about it, but he didn't say I "couldn't" do it. He has even made positive comments about the first couple shifts I've worked and the money I made.

Working at two restaurants is really hard. The hours are crazy, it's even harder to schedule around both, and I'm tired and stressed out all the time. It's been one week with both. That's it. I don't think I can keep it up in general because now not only am I feeling the toll for myself, but it's putting a huge strain on my relationship.

My boyfriend keeps nonchalantly saying I'm a "stripper" but he seems excited about the money.
    I am and never have been anywhere near a "sluty" type of girl, nor worn revealing clothing. This is all about money.

Today my boyfriend started saying all this stuff about us having different lifestyles and that he loves me but he doesn't know if we are compatible and he just isn't happy. I'm not happy either but does that mean just give up? Aren't relationships about getting through the hard times? We have had our fair share of problems like any other couple... but this is a bit out of the blue. I don't know if it's just the job that's making him feel like this or if he really is unhappy with me as a person.

I have no idea how to handle this. I need HELP.

I think its a job that makes it hard for him. Work for 8 hours a day and it should be fine.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Contact Dr. DUGO on E-mail: dugo_d()yahoo.com, he has the spiritual charm to make everything right back for you. Trust me

If it started after you accepted the job ... then it's all about it. Simple logic.