+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Girl Seems Interested but will Not Text Back

Girl Seems Interested but will Not Text Back

Before responding to this post, it may be helpful to review this post: loveforum.net/ask-a-female-forum/101131-am-clueless-flirting-tell-hitting.html

Last week, I posted on this forum about a girl that I think was hitting on me. I saw her last week, and finally asked her if she has some free time in the future because I'd like to hang out with her some time, but I was not sure when because I know she is busy and I am very busy as well. I got her number, and texted her my name on Thursday, and Friday night, I got a text from her saying that she was sorry that she didn't respond earlier, and she explained that she was busy doing a ton of work. She also addressed something that was mentioned in my intro text. I responded Saturday morning, and sent another text on Sundau afternoon, and it's now Wednesday afternoon, and nothing back yet.

It is my understanding that a girl that is interested tends to respond very quickly, yet she hasn't been even though I believe she is interested. Any suggestions? I can respect that she is busy because I am too (we're both college students after all), but I'm just wondering if I should give up and move on or stick it out for a bit?

Maybe she is busy, wait a couple days before reaching out again, maybe call her instead of texting. We don't want to sound desperate.

if texting doesnt work
    dont do it
    If you think I am insulting you with my post or bashing you: You do not get the point.
    I am not here to insult or bash anyone. I offer up my free time to help. Take from my post what is useful to you.
    If you are angry about my post or myself, then please stop and think how that happened. Usually that is the way the brain responds if a critical belief system is challenged (its called cognitive dissonance). If you have trouble with it please answer in the thread. I will come back to you.

I appreciate both of your answers, even they are opposites. I was asleep in a chair and woke up by chance when she came in. I looked at my phone for several seconds (to see if she would initiate conversation, but she didn't so I did) before saying "Hi." She asked how I was, I told her I was tired from all the work I had to do. She rattled off a list of things she has to do, and she was on her way. I didn't bring up going out with her again or bother her about her texts right now.

Her academic life should be more important at this point, and my texts are not a priority, nor should they be. I think I will wait until we're both less busy before I pursue this further. What do you guys think about this?

Sounds good to me.

Well I don’t let people ghost me
    I call them out for it

If they MEAN they are busy we can schedule
    If they don’t want then what’s the use having any relationship with them?
    If you think I am insulting you with my post or bashing you: You do not get the point.
    I am not here to insult or bash anyone. I offer up my free time to help. Take from my post what is useful to you.
    If you are angry about my post or myself, then please stop and think how that happened. Usually that is the way the brain responds if a critical belief system is challenged (its called cognitive dissonance). If you have trouble with it please answer in the thread. I will come back to you.

if they never respond or initiate - they aren't interested.
    do'nt judge peopel by what they say.. judge then by what they DO.

The can act or talk like they're interested but their actions always tell the truth.

There is no interest here.

Not that interested. She might have some interest, but it's low.
    Or another man is in the picture.

Play it cool. Dating is a game of tennis, you hit the ball over the fence, and wait for them to hit it back.

If they don't hit it back, you dont keep hitting balls, you pick up your racquet and leave.

Don't take it personally. Just keep moving, sometimes these women will come back, remember, women will always remember how you handled rejection.
    Act like a catch. Confidently walk away without making a scene or drama. That's your best option.

Yea man shes in dude