+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Might these be signs that he likes me?

Might these be signs that he likes me?

I would like to know some men opinions. Sorry for such a long post;]

I recently started a new job (3 weeks ago) and there is a really cute guy there and I am starting to really like him and it often seems that he might like me too. But I am a little bit clueless about these things and I don't want to make it awkward because we work together.

A quick intro:
    I am a junior at a company and I am assigned to a project that he's been developing (we are both programmers). So we work in a very close proximity now. I know that he is single and I often get this feeling that he might like me. These are the signs I've noticed so far:

1) he is always very very helpful. Of course I am working on his project so he is naturally motivated to do so in order to make a good project. But whenever I ask for help he is immediately there. And he has loads of work himself (even comes in on saturdays) and still spends loads of time next to me explaining me stuff, even much deeper than I need to know in order to work on that project. And whenever I say that I am using so much of his time he always replies with 'definitely not' and smiles a lot.

2) when he sits next to me and helps me with the work stuff we always both make these little jokes and he always sits very close to me and smiles a lot and I catch these looks sometimes and says some flirty things sometimes. Like once I came to his desk and sat next to him and he said: 'came to ease I suffering?' (he was having a really really tough day at work)...
    Or when he was helping another intern next to me and I said 'can you come to me alter' he replied 'i'll have to think about it' in a flirty funny kind of way...

3) we sort of went out once.
    there was this event and I saw on fb he was interested in going there, so when we were leaving work together I ask if he's going and he said probably not, that he is too tired and doesn't have the energy. And I said 'I think you should come anyways, clear your head a little, so come on' and he did go there. And I came there too and we spent the whole evening just the two of us chatting and laughing at that event and then neither of us wanted to go home and we had some smokes and then went for a beer and had a great night and a lot of fun.
    And then he walked me almost all the way home even though we were at a pub like 5 min away form his house (we live like 20-30 minutes walking from each other) And it was pouring down rain and we only had my umbrella so he had to walk all the way back in that horrible rain and got totally soaked. And the whole night there were these warm moments, when I caught his eyes and so on, but he didn't make any clear move.

4) the next day at work he started chatting with my (we all use skype there) and sent me some band he was telling me about like two weeks ago. And we started chatting more and more while at work about unrelated to work stuff. And we went to lunch together. And whenever we talk, he tells me things about himself and he is always listening to me and seems interested in what I have to say.

5) he always compliments me about work things when I do something well. He even talks good things about me to our colleagues (I am really not THAT good).

6) he is always with me in a table football team, even though I am probably the worst player there

7) when we were chatting once and said goodbye he texted "see ya and say hi to your cat" and sent me a funny cat gif. Now it has to mean something if a guy sends you funnny cat gifs, right?

8) he notices and remembers things about me. Like the way I sit at my desk. He can't see me directly from behind his computer, but somehow notices that. And he hears my conversations with others when I say something about myself and remembers what I tell him about myself.

9) sometimes he seems a bit awkward around me, like if he doesn't know what to do..

10) once we talked about going to a party together but weren't sure and I said well text me if u decide to go. He texted me saying he doesn't feel like going, that he's too tired and stuff (he really had a very tough week then) and texted we'll dance next time. And that was the time he sent me that cat gif.

so from all of that I an getting a feeling that he might be into me as well, but he is probably just shy.
    I have no problem with making the first move, but I don't want to make it weird between us at work in case I am wrong. And I would like to show him clearly that I am into him, but not too obviously, so he would have more confidence to make the move.

Do you guys think, this might be the case that he likes me, or am I just overrating everything?
    And how could I be more sure that he is into me?

It's really difficult to say in general if someone likes someone posting on the forum. Signs are there for you, but it could just mean that he is nice. I've known dozens of Programmers and they are typically introverts, so it's going to be tough for him to make the first move. I think you have to be prepared for the worst meaning it can get awkward if he turns you down. I have a hunch he likes you though.....=)

Thank you very much for the answer he does seem shy and a little introverted. But my gut is also telling me he might be into me;] i think i'll have to make the first move and show him more obviously that I am into him. There is a massive halloween party coming up tomorrow, maybe I'll ask him to go there with me. Just need to somehow make it clear and at the same time casual, so if he turns me down it wouldnt get weird at the office.

Sounds good. Are you dressing up in a costume?

No, it' not a costume party. It's like a rave in an abandoned warehouse, so it's not smth people dress up for. But I know he likes these kind of things
    Though the project deadline is thursday, so he might need to go to work wednesday (I might need too) and just won't be able to come to the party.. will have to ask him if he's planning to work on a day off ir not;]

Contact Dr. DUGO on E-mail: dugo_d()yahoo.com, he has the spiritual charm to make everything right back for you. Trust me