+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Would You go for A Mail Order Bride?

Would You go for A Mail Order Bride?

If you are busy and don’t have a long-term relationship, but would like to get serious, would you consider dating foreign women?

I heard these women are beautiful like models and don’t mind age or appearance as long as they are being treated right. I was considering looking into foreign dating but weeding out someone legit might be too time consuming for me. I don’t really like the hassle of committing to long chats that won’t get anywhere. I am looking for someone serious to start a family.

I heard about mail order brides and some of my acquaintances told me about marrying a foreign woman. He actually married an Asian woman who is sweet , gorgeous and caring. Good on him! I got envious of the type of atmosphere he gets when he gets home. Someone caring, can cook, would be nice since I am a very busy man. I really want someone to be with for the rest of my life. I am looking for something serious.

I heard about websites that cater to this, like A Foreign Affair and Anastasia. What got my attention was the Singles tours they offer to see some of the woman you chat with. A Foreign Affair seems promising since they have profiles from Asia as well. I still can’t make up my mind whether I’ll go for Asian women or Russian girls. I still need to ask people’s opinion about them.

What do you guys think? Do you have any experience with regards to having a Russian girlfriend? How about Asians? How are they at home, and in bed? Would like to have your opinion on these. Thanks guys!

I think they would be more negatives on dating, marrying mail order brides over trying to date, go further with someone within your own country. I think a lot of these women, and men too want a green card and want to scam others. Be careful.
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

I think the risks outweighs the "time savings". If you are just looking for an attractive wife as a trophy, then I guess it would be ok. But if you actually looking for a real relationship, I would stay away from this.

Everybody has to walk their own path in life. We can't really tell you what is right for you. I can just tell you that I would personally NEVER user a mail order bride type service. I don't want to marry some complete stranger. To me, that's not love. I'd rather be alone than to just be stuck with somebody I barely even know. To me personally, love should come first and THEN marriage. Not marriage and you just hope you happen to love each other.

I want a partner. Somebody that enjoys many of the things I enjoy. Somebody that enjoys me. If I can't find her, I'd rather be alone than to be with somebody just to be with somebody. ....BUT.... I don't mean to imply that situation CAN'T work. It certainly can and does for some people. I may not personally agree with it, but it honestly does work for some. If it sounds like a situation that appeals to you, then maybe it is worth your while. Or at least worth it to look into it further.

IF you do, as others have said, you should at least be careful about it. There are some of these situations out there where the person is just looking to get their citizenship and possibly even take advantage of you in the process in some way. Maybe financially, for example. I know it isn't like you can ever really know, but you should at least take whatever precautions you can. Maybe even a prenuptial agreement if such a thing is possible. But, again, all of that is up to you.

So, would I personally get a mail order bride? No. No, I would not. But that doesn't mean it's not right for you. Maybe it is, maybe it's not. That is for you to decide. Good luck to you.

I would like to add that while I wouldn't do it, I wouldn't recommend that someone doesn't try it. Different cultures and different marriage values. Yes, you are going into the marriage blind, but love can develop out of it. Knowing someone prior to marriage doesn't necessary mean the marriage will work out. But people in general want to feel they are making decisions and controlling their life. I personally don't want a "mail order bride" or "arranged marriage" is because I want to go through the dating/courting process. But if MOB or AM are the only ways I can find love, I would give it a shot as well.

Sounds like a mess and a great way to get involved with an inauthentic relationship or family.
    With potentially lots of drama and far more cons that carry great risks.
    Common ones would be. Lack of loyalty, morals, divorce, affairs, etc.

It's a no for me.

I agree, dating isn't easy, but don't buy into the "you must be married, have kids at this age" that forces you to make decisions you don't want to make

Hookers are legal in Germany

Contact Dr. DUGO on E-mail: dugo_d()gmail.com, he has the spiritual charm to make everything right back for you. Trust me

Honestly, I just personally think of it like this... When people date, in general, how many of them stay together with the first person they dated? How many of them go on to marry the first person they dated? I am sure that happens.... but it is VERY rare. Usually, people go through several relationships, even several very serious relationships that eventually don't work out.... before they find the one they marry. Hell, just in the USA alone, OVER half of marriages end in divorce. So, that means not only do people generally not end up with the first person they dated, but they often don't even end up with the first person they married.

This, all when they met, dated, and knew the person when they decided to marry them. Or they met, dated, were serious... but never even got that far. So, I can just imagine the unbelievable odds against some random stranger you don't know winding up being right for you. Just on that concept alone, a mail order bride and/or arranged marriage type of situation would NEVER work for me personally.

But, again... it certainly works for some. So, the decision is up to you. Good luck to you either way.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEvilJester View Post
    Honestly, I just personally think of it like this... When people date, in general, how many of them stay together with the first person they dated? How many of them go on to marry the first person they dated? I am sure that happens.... but it is VERY rare. Usually, people go through several relationships, even several very serious relationships that eventually don't work out.... before they find the one they marry. Hell, just in the USA alone, OVER half of marriages end in divorce. So, that means not only do people generally not end up with the first person they dated, but they often don't even end up with the first person they married.

This, all when they met, dated, and knew the person when they decided to marry them. Or they met, dated, were serious... but never even got that far. So, I can just imagine the unbelievable odds against some random stranger you don't know winding up being right for you. Just on that concept alone, a mail order bride and/or arranged marriage type of situation would NEVER work for me personally.

But, again... it certainly works for some. So, the decision is up to you. Good luck to you either way.
    Very good point. Its always hard to hear that about divorce statistics. I've heard it's about 50-60% in the USA. And imagine, that's just the divorce rate. Now add in the amount of loveless marriages where both parties are not fully happy, that's probably another 15%. This is why it's crucial to understand relationships, so that you can not only avoid this pain to the best of your abilities, but to also help and inspire the rest of the world by showing off what a healthy, loving relationship can look like.
    Last edited by GLYC; 08-11-17 at 03:02 PM.

Good point as well. The divorce rates, obviously, don't take into account marriages that are eventually headed for divorce and just haven't yet. And also can't take into account marriages that probably SHOULD end (because the people are both miserable) but do not.

As much as winding up alone for the rest of your life is a sucky concept... to me winding up with somebody you don't love would be SO much worse. I'd rather be alone. I don't want to marry somebody I barely know and hope love grows out of that. I want to love somebody and decide to marry them because they are my other half. Not that it is likely to ever happen for me anyway. LOL! But, I'd personally rather be alone than to be with somebody just to be with somebody. Maybe this sort of mail order bride kind of situation could work for some people, but for me it would be too much like that. Being with somebody just for the sake of being with somebody.