+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My girlfriend ended our relationship because she does not miss me anymore

My girlfriend ended our relationship because she does not miss me anymore

Another break up story...slightly unusual, hopefully someone can give me some advice.

Basically I met this girl 10 months ago, neither of us were looking at the time and we hit it off straight away. She is 24 and i am 29. She had gone back to study at University (having worked for a while) and i am in a full time job. Her University is near to where i live so this wasnt a problem. We started seeing each other and things developed. Things were going fantastic, then after about 4 months her term ended at University for the summer and she was faced with having to go back home for the summer. Anyway, to cut a long story short, she wanted to be with me and got a job locally for the summer. She started looking at cheap accomodation nearby, which was all unsuitable and so i asked her to move in with me for the summer (with a view to her moving back out when term started again as she had already paid the fees etc.). Anyway, summer came and went, and we got on fantastically. We were both in love, never argued and living together was painless.
    Then when summer ended, she was faced with moving back out - she said she didn't want to cos she would miss me so much, we had the tears etc, but i always thought that we would see this term out and then if still going well, she could move back in next year. Truthfully i wanted her to stay, but never told her that as i didnt want to stifle her in anyway.
    University started, her workload increased and she started to get a little stressed with it all. We continued to see each other at weekends, and the odd week night and barely 3/4 weeks into the new term, having stayed with me for the Saturday night, she started crying saying that for the past couple of weeks she hasn't missed me like she used to (she said that she used to think about me every day) and that she feels really guilty when she's with me as everything is perfect again.
    She then said she needed a week apart to 'miss me again' for good of our relationship going forward.
    A week later i got a letter from her saying that she has cried rivers trying to find an explanation for her feelings but can't and basically said that she loves everything about me but is not 'in-love' with me anymore.
    We then spoke on the phone and she was in floods of tears saying that she doesn't think it fair to me to carry on, as she can't give her 100% anymore and i deserve more.
    Her workload has drastically increased, and she also works 1 day full time at weekends and so i understand she has got a bit stressed and thinks she can't handle a relationship at this time.
    She said to me that if she finished University tomorrow she would be with me no doubt.
    So basically i don't know what to do? I haven't had any contact since (10 days) and want to just leave her to it. However, i am really struggling because i love her enormously (more than i have ever loved anyone before), and I know she loved/loves me too. We have never ever once argued about anything, and just got on so well.
    She says she has to 'close her heart' and cannot be in a relatonship at the moment, and if she was it would be with me.
    All my friends were as shocked as i was as they could see what we were like together - some of them say to give her time, some say to speak to her, some say to get on with your life.
    The truth is i miss her so much, and don't mind that fact she doesn't miss me like she used to - she doesnt have time too, but i just know how much she enjoys being with me.
    Any advice most welcome.
    Thanks
    Last edited by scallop; 26-10-05 at 06:13 PM.

4 weeks today since she called it off. Met up with her for the first time since on Friday - we had a good chat, some emotional talk. She basically says that she cares for me that much that she can't give me less than 100% and so cannot be in a relationship with me. She says she has to be alone if she is to pass her degree. I have to respect that.
    She is an only child and her parents split up for about 5 years when she was in her teens (this affected her badly, although they are now back together) and i sometimes wonder if this has affected her willingness to get close to someone??
    Anyway, we ended up spending the night together - it was the most intimate, passionate night for both of us and helped me close the book.
    I'm just frustrated that i have waited til the age of 29 to meet someone like this, and for whatever reason it cannot work at the moment.

you have waited for 29 years for someone like that! how lucky you are to have found her!!!

no one ever lays the condition that when you love someone, it has to last forever!! you just hope that it does!!!

i am so sorry to hear that she has to leave you.nothing anyone of us can say will lessen your pain. but we can empathise and ask you to believe us when we say that in time all will be well.

i cant assure you that you will find someone. i just pray that you do.

take care of yourself and remember that time is the best healer of all

Hussain
    Are there no prisons? Are there no workhouses? - The Ghost of Christmas Past

Quote Originally Posted by scallop
    Another break up story...slightly unusual, hopefully someone can give me some advice.

Basically I met this girl 10 months ago, neither of us were looking at the time and we hit it off straight away. She is 24 and i am 29. She had gone back to study at University (having worked for a while) and i am in a full time job. Her University is near to where i live so this wasnt a problem. We started seeing each other and things developed. Things were going fantastic, then after about 4 months her term ended at University for the summer and she was faced with having to go back home for the summer. Anyway, to cut a long story short, she wanted to be with me and got a job locally for the summer. She started looking at cheap accomodation nearby, which was all unsuitable and so i asked her to move in with me for the summer (with a view to her moving back out when term started again as she had already paid the fees etc.). Anyway, summer came and went, and we got on fantastically. We were both in love, never argued and living together was painless.
    Then when summer ended, she was faced with moving back out - she said she didn't want to cos she would miss me so much, we had the tears etc, but i always thought that we would see this term out and then if still going well, she could move back in next year. Truthfully i wanted her to stay, but never told her that as i didnt want to stifle her in anyway.
    University started, her workload increased and she started to get a little stressed with it all. We continued to see each other at weekends, and the odd week night and barely 3/4 weeks into the new term, having stayed with me for the Saturday night, she started crying saying that for the past couple of weeks she hasn't missed me like she used to (she said that she used to think about me every day) and that she feels really guilty when she's with me as everything is perfect again.
    She then said she needed a week apart to 'miss me again' for good of our relationship going forward.
    A week later i got a letter from her saying that she has cried rivers trying to find an explanation for her feelings but can't and basically said that she loves everything about me but is not 'in-love' with me anymore.
    We then spoke on the phone and she was in floods of tears saying that she doesn't think it fair to me to carry on, as she can't give her 100% anymore and i deserve more.
    Her workload has drastically increased, and she also works 1 day full time at weekends and so i understand she has got a bit stressed and thinks she can't handle a relationship at this time.
    She said to me that if she finished University tomorrow she would be with me no doubt.
    So basically i don't know what to do? I haven't had any contact since (10 days) and want to just leave her to it. However, i am really struggling because i love her enormously (more than i have ever loved anyone before), and I know she loved/loves me too. We have never ever once argued about anything, and just got on so well.
    She says she has to 'close her heart' and cannot be in a relatonship at the moment, and if she was it would be with me.
    All my friends were as shocked as i was as they could see what we were like together - some of them say to give her time, some say to speak to her, some say to get on with your life.
    The truth is i miss her so much, and don't mind that fact she doesn't miss me like she used to - she doesnt have time too, but i just know how much she enjoys being with me.
    Any advice most welcome.
    Thanks
    why don't you use spaces, it would make it easier to read!