+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What should I do? Help!

What should I do? Help!

First of all I would like to let you guys know - i'm almost 14 years old and English is NOT my native language, thus, I may do a lot of mistakes and I may have some grammar problems. Please don't be mad if so.
    So, like the title says, i don't know what to do. I fell in love with my best friend. He is 15 years old. I know, older members will say "IT'S NOT LOVE! YOU SHOULD GO AND LEARN YOU STUPID KID".
    And I know. I literally hate myself for it.
    But there's nothing I can do about it. And there is also another problem. Michael (the guy I think i love) told me lately that he's, well, gay. Therefore I know he will never fall in love with me. This is how sexual orientations work and I understand it.
    Since about 2-3 weeks I have small fights and problems with Michael. I know he has problems in his life, but he doesn't want to tell me about them.
    There was the time when I thought he loves me too, but I'm like 90% sure now he didn't. He was acting just like a typical teenager in love. He was kind, he called me cute a few times, he took photos of me in random moments, he kept tagging me in cute/love memes on Facebook and even though it seems stupid I really thought he "likes" me.
    I wanna tell him about my feelings, I wanna see his reaction. But I know it's like Russian roulette - I will get a boyfriend, or lose a best friend. There is nothing in between.
    What should I do, what do you think?

Your English is perfectly fine. I am able to understand better than many native speakers, so don't be discouraged about posting on forums.

So if M is gay, how do you expect you will get a boyfriend? Are you sure that he is gay? How did he reveal that?

I don't think revealing your feelings would damage the relationship any different than someone who isn't gay. You would just know that there is no possibility between you two.

Thank you ^^

I don't "expect it", honestly. I just said it unclear, but I mean that there are the only two possabilities in situation like this one, but because of his sexual orientation the "love love" one is more like impossible.
    He told me he's gay about 2 months ago by Messenger. We had a serious conversation about his problems and he told me he feels like he likes men, and so he's sad and depressed. He told me he's simply afraid about homophobes and he felt like it was wrong. I said there is nothing wrong in it and the only thing that matters is his happiness.

I'm afraid that he may think of me like "just some another girl who fell in love". He's really popular when it comes to girls, but well, he's not amused. And, have you have any ideas how do I start a conversation? I wanna tell him about my feelings in real life, is it a good idea, what do you think?

Thank you for the help, by the way ^^

It's so hard to say if you should tell him about your feelings. You two are so young. If he is already depressed that he likes men, telling him you like him might not be a good idea. If it were me, I would just try to be as good a friend as you can be and get him through his tough times.

Thank you!