+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Friend zone ??

Friend zone ??

Ok, this guy and I started talking at work and after a few months I told him that I was starting to like him more than just friends ... He responded that he could only offer a friendship at this time and that he has been hurt way to many times to be in a relationship right now ,but said he was honored to be friends and he did not want to stop hanging out. So, the last three months we have been going out to dinner, he has been coming over and having dinner,watching movies , doing puzzles and he has brought me 60 dollar bottle of wine, Two weeks ago he spent the night we slept in the same bed and nothing happen, Over the times we have hung out we have talked about personal things and also about problems going on in ones life, more than once he wants to build a strong friendship before becoming partners. And recently I found out I have to have surgery and he wants to stay with me after the surgery so I'm not alone , I guess I'm confused is it still just a friendship or does he want more ?? I do not know if I should bring it up again on my feelings for him or walk away ....

I clearly stated that he is only interested in being friends. I think he is being a bit douchy knowing that you like him, but yet still doing all these things with you. I would ask him if his feelings has changed. If we can't offer anything more than friendship, I assume you are not ok with how he is acting in the relationship> Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by madotnw_nihs View Post
    I clearly stated that he is only interested in being friends. I think he is being a bit douchy knowing that you like him, but yet still doing all these things with you. I would ask him if his feelings has changed. If we can't offer anything more than friendship, I assume you are not ok with how he is acting in the relationship> Thanks.
    Thanks for the response ,, and no I 'm not ok with the way things are going,between him calling or messaging me everyday to see how I'm doing etc,,,, If his feelings has not changed then I think I need to cut ties ...my heart is getting more involved and if there is nothing more than I need to let go...

I would just ask him again if his feelings have changed. If it hasn't, break it off. I dislike people that string people along with mixed signals.

Ask him again. I think he did not know what he wanted. He does not want to lose you, but he also fears relations. If you really talked about personal problems, maybe you know the reason why.