+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 8 Movie Club review thread of : IT ( new movie and old miniseries)

Season 8 Movie Club review thread of : IT ( new movie and old miniseries)

This thread is for both options that tied in dollhouse's voting thread.

You obviously know which option you preferred and voted for : So, that will be the option you will be offering a review for but, if you decide to, later on, compare the old miniseries to the new version of IT you can do so at any time that the review thread for Season 8 is open and not locked by the website.

[MENTION=78654]dollhouse[/MENTION]
    [MENTION=78034]breathe123[/MENTION]
    [MENTION=70896]Exeter19[/MENTION]
    [MENTION=71386]TheEvilJester[/MENTION]
    [MENTION=42177]pcmaster[/MENTION]
    [MENTION=85795]GLYC[/MENTION]
    [MENTION=47158]madotnw_nihs[/MENTION]
    [MENTION=70280]Jffs24[/MENTION]
    [MENTION=79987]megvoh[/MENTION]

- - - Updated - - -

I will place my review next week, but since most have already seen the new IT movie, go ahead and post your review right off if online this weekend and see this thread.

I will say an impression I had, not sure if others felt this way or not regarding the new IT movie. But, Pennywise needed subtitles I could barely understand a damn word he said. Mumbles. Incoherent?

Look forward to discussing this movie and miniseries with other members.
    Last edited by topazlight; 18-11-17 at 05:14 PM.

Hate the horror movies. Fck ! Whos idea was to watch this shit? Theres was some good bright moments but overall movie was dark. Its good that kids stopped to be afraid but movie didnt made sence at the begining, in the middle and at the end. This movie is more for kids.

Laughted when old perv said girl looks like Louise Laine. Also it was cool that kids saved fat kid from death lol.
    Last edited by pcmaster; 19-11-17 at 01:18 AM.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

I'm not part of the movie thing but you did say I could post anything on a movie I saw if I wanted. I didn't care for this remake, I mean it was shot nicely, special effects and all. But, I didn't care about any of the kids besides Georgie and maybe Beverly. I look forward more to the second film when they are adults. I didn't like the look of the clown either. This film had so much build up and maybe because of that I felt let down.
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

Yay! This is up! I'll do my full review next week.

I didn't like how they did the clown either, lovebroken. I have to check if I voted to do A or C. I forgets :[

Hehe topazlight at the clown being a mumbler. Maybe it was his HUGE bunny teeth :]

Anyone on my comment in new movies thread about the kids being an exact redo ( including one actual cast member) taken from Stranger Things kids and made the dynamic boring because Stranger did it better.
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

just letting you know in here i have been online and seen the thread is currently up.

i didn't like the new look of pennywise either, and the plus with the new movie was the visual effects, that is mainly where it differs from the mini series. i still prefer the old one over the new it movie, because it gave that shudder vibe on clowns and carries a sense of nostalgia with it . i too did not care about these kids, and didn't like how they changed mike's role in the movie. also, [MENTION=78034]breathe123[/MENTION] hated they had that stranger things kids in the group of kids as richie, it made me feel i was watching that tv show and i wasn't - i paid plenty to watch this in a theater, not on my couch. also, why was stanley's part rendered to nothing?

i will discuss and write more later on.
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

[MENTION=70896]Exeter19[/MENTION] I wonder if they will put all familiar faces in the next movie when casting the kids adult versions like they did with the TV mini-series. I also have a special spot for the original. Sorry for intruding again in here. I'd like to see maybe Colin Hanks as William - Bill, and Bryce Howard as Beverly and maybe Donald Glover as Mike. If I think of other choice if allowed I will include into here if others discuss who they liked to play the adult versions.
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

Signing in and seeing this is started -- I have mixed feelings on this movie. For what it was it was good, but I felt I was like I went to see some kids movie, not a horror movie and that is weird since parts were pretty horrific and graphics, but lots more were childish --including the clown. As a few of the others have said in reading above -- there is a place for the original in a lot of our hearts and mind because IT rofl came first and will always be much more special than any remake but what the old one lacked in visual special effects the new one has in spades.

I'd rate it a 6.5.

Favorite character -- Eddie

Least favorite -- Richie, maybe Eddie's mom too.

- - - Updated - - -

On a side note -- forum is being a little bitch again!
    Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it.

Posting extra I wanted to add yesterday but the forum was f ucking up.

[MENTION=70896]Exeter19[/MENTION] --I felt similar to you, felt why didn't I wait to watch this at home not pay to see it at the cinema. Big screen didn't make it that more of an experience to me, it isn't a movie I will go back and watch again --either way.

[MENTION=77017]lovebroken[/MENTION] -- I think Jessica Chastain would make a good Beverly.
    Maybe Jason Bateman as Bill.

- - - Updated - - -

Posting extra I wanted to add yesterday but the forum was f ucking up.

[MENTION=70896]Exeter19[/MENTION] --I felt similar to you, felt why didn't I wait to watch this at home not pay to see it at the cinema. Big screen didn't make it that more of an experience to me, it isn't a movie I will go back and watch again --either way.

[MENTION=77017]lovebroken[/MENTION] -- I think Jessica Chastain would make a good Beverly.
    Maybe Jason Bateman as Bill.

I am still curious about Part 2 of IT. Maybe that movie will suit me better and be LESS kiddie-like.
    Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it.

[MENTION=70280]Jffs24[/MENTION] : I like your choice of Jessica Chastain for Beverly.

Thank, hon -- would have replied right off if the forum didn't expel me FFS. Is Bryce Howard, Ron Howard's daughter? Good choice too, another redhead.

Forgot to mention my favorite scenes -- Georgie's death. Better than the mini-series did it. The Projector scene was good too.

Hi movie chatters :] I still haven't written up my full review because my bf agreed to watch the IT mini series this weekend with me so I can compare both ~ something I wasn't going to do but decided to do to make it more fun for me :] So have to wait until this Sunday for me to post my review on both.

But wanted to say some thoughts.

My favorite character was by far ~ Beverly. Only kid in loser club I liked & felt was from the start brave. Also, had to deal with being sexualized, gossiped about at school & preyed on sexually at home by her dad. Then join a group of all boys who looked at her also sexually ~ even the loser pharmacist had impure thoughts about her. I did Not like Beverly's fear was manifested with blood ~ obviously because of getting her period recently & maybe the thought of getting pregnant by her dad< IDK Anyone? thoughts. The parents and adults were all duds in the town, none up to the job of being parents it seemed, no wonder all the kids ran wild and were being picked off by a evil clown.

I enjoyed the remake of IT, it wasn't perfect but it was a fun watch for me.

How about Amy Adams as Beverly?
    Last edited by breathe123; 27-11-17 at 09:55 PM.
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

Was thinking about others who could play the adult versions of the Loser Club ~ what about guy who plays Sheldon on Big Bang Theory as ~ Richie?

Stan, the guy who played Mindy's bf on the Mindy Project ~ Glen Howerton?

Still, want to think of actors who would play Ben & Bill another time. I know people kept saying James Corden for Ben because the young actor looks similar to him but as an adult Ben is no longer fan and supposed to be a ladies man, no? Corden won't work.

- - - Updated - - -

Liked this scene with Beverly and later with IT and caught in his/her/its deadlights?

(≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

I've seen (many times) and own the original mini-series. I've seen the new movie. So, I am hoping to type up my full review/comparison soon. But, it's two movies, so that is likely to be kind of long. LOL! Especially considering it is me we are talking about here. So, I will try to get that together soon.

[MENTION=70280]Jffs24[/MENTION] - Yes, that is his daughter I think she goes by Bryce Dallas. I like your choices [MENTION=78034]breathe123[/MENTION]. I would hate to see James Corden in the next movie as Ben too. What about that cute guy from Gilmore Girls? One who played Logan, he was also on the Good wife.

Hi and apologies for my absence and if I was somehow expected to make the thread up ...I haven't been online anywhere since I did up the other thread to option vote...been ill and not engaging online at all.

I enjoyed the new IT movie, was it entertaining, YUP.... was it well acted, Yup...was it shot nicely, Yup...am I looking forward to the next movie chapter, Hell Yup! haha I like the new Pennywise character but to me seemed an opposite portrayal of the old Pennywise we all knew of.

In discussing favorite characters ...I would say... Beverly and Eddie... I didn't take to this version of Bill at all, or most of the others in the Loser Club ( squad?)

Least favorite, Beverly's dad...

Happy to get back online to discuss with all of you in future days...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast