+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 8 Movie Club review thread of : IT ( new movie and old miniseries)

Quote Originally Posted by lovebroken View Post
    I equally did NOT like either of their costumes, mini series Pennywise was basically a circus clown ( on the cheap)
    Honestly, to me that was what made at least the costume for Pennywise better in the original mini-series. It was subtle. If you didn't know the movie and just glanced at a picture of that Pennywise, you'd think he was just a clown. To me, that was what made it so much more sinister. The fact that he just looked like a clown... but was pure evil and was doing all these really horrible things. Of course, the more monstrous face (when he gets the red eyes and sharp teeth) is cool too, but to me the creepiness of the old design was just so much more subtle.

From the first moment I saw it (way before the movie was even out yet) I thought the new design for Pennywise just looked too obvious. It just screamed "I'M SCARY" It lacked the subtlety that I think actually makes the creepiness/scariness so much more effective. I mean, at least given that sort of monster. It isn't like I'm saying all monsters should be like that. Wolfman shouldn't look like an adorable cuddly puppy until he bites your face off. LOL! But for an evil clown... it's a little MORE creepy/scary when he otherwise looks like just a normal clown.... until he bites your face off.

Did you like the new pennywise face makeup? I thought it was too much and why did they give him bunny teeth? To mak ehim appear innocent to little kids when first meeting him? Didn't you prefer the humor of the Orignal Pennywise over the gloom and doom of this version? I guess min Part 2 the clown will appear exactly yhe same? I hope not but I think that is what they will stick with now though, unfortunately.

I laughed at [MENTION=70896]Exeter19[/MENTION] saying Ronald McDonald clown and breathe's imagen in reply Would have been funny if new Pennywise threw burgers at the kids but scared to be sued lol
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

My friend thinks the current Pennywise looks like the Red Queen.

Quote Originally Posted by breathe123 View Post
    Hehehehe ^^^^^^^^^^

lmao. hilarious and truthful all in one.
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

I didn't like how they made up new Pennywise either, but the old version was just comical but I think for TV that was what was needed there. Wouldn't want him to horrific for the kids to watch and be scared in their own home hahaha Ronald has made us all junkfood junkies...nasty nasty clown haha

Did you like the new pennywise face makeup? I thought it was too much and why did they give him bunny teeth?
    To be perfectly honest, I loved the entire look of the new Pennywise just fine..... because I love evil clowns. I just didn't like it for the sake of this movie as much as I liked the original. So, even the makeup fall into the same problem for me. The weird teeth included. Again, to me it just made it too obviously scary rather than the subtlety of just looking like a clown... but being pure evil. So, yeah, I agree with the makeup being too much. I still liked it just fine, but I would have liked it being more subtle so that it made it creepier the fact that he was an evil clown.

Thumbs up

I like the original It series. I ordered the soon to be released DVD of the newer version. I like a lot of Stephen King book to screen versions. My favorite scene is when the kids throw their food and drinks over the balcony where the bullies are sitting in the movie theater. I've seen many films based on his books. I'd like to see more Creepshow type movies, after he gets back the copyright. Ana Clavell's Taurus company essentially massacred George Romero's creations, by making poor "unofficial" sequels.

[MENTION=71386]TheEvilJester[/MENTION] even the red facial design? Are you excited for part 2? Who would you and [MENTION=86313]Peter A[/MENTION] like to see play the adult versions and what do you hope they put in from the book into Part 2?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CantMoveOn View Post
    My friend thinks the current Pennywise looks like the Red Queen.
    I can see that now that you mention it.
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

I oddly had a Pennywise dream... was the new version of the IT clown not the older version probably because it is more in my mind but they were my mailman hahaha and pushed a balloon through a mail slot and when being pushed through and I bent down to grab it ( the balloon) it burst and exploded blood all over my face. WTH? hahaha...my dog was standing behind me barking at everything and ended up getting some residual blood on their little face and fur. My me think I am probably more anticipating the Part 2 because it is adults not kids dealing with this drama/trauma.

I don't think I'd want to dream about Pennywise at all. Pushing this back on the main menu to shut out that spam.

[MENTION=71386]TheEvilJester[/MENTION] even the red facial design? Are you excited for part 2? Who would you and [MENTION=86313]Peter A[/MENTION] like to see play the adult versions and what do you hope they put in from the book into Part 2?t.
    Red facial design? I'm not sure I know what you mean.

As far as the adult counterparts... I haven't really given it much thought. To be honest, I'm never one to speculate on that sort of thing just because I wouldn't really know. I'll have to think about it, though, and see if maybe anybody comes to mind. I will say one thing that would be really funny.... Imagine if the funny kid (I can't remember his name, Richie, I think) as an adult character is played by Seth Green, That would be pretty funny because Seth Green played the funny kid as a kid in the original.

Thumbs up

Part 2 is out in 2019. That's so far away, though.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEvilJester View Post
    Red facial design? I'm not sure I know what you mean.

As far as the adult counterparts... I haven't really given it much thought. To be honest, I'm never one to speculate on that sort of thing just because I wouldn't really know. I'll have to think about it, though, and see if maybe anybody comes to mind. I will say one thing that would be really funny.... Imagine if the funny kid (I can't remember his name, Richie, I think) as an adult character is played by Seth Green, That would be pretty funny because Seth Green played the funny kid as a kid in the original.
    That would be an awesome casting choice.... genius. I bet they won't even consider it, hope he himself pushes himself into the casting for part 2.

GD with all the trolling & spam on here especially in OT :[ Least this section got spared ( for now!!!!)

I thought the movie was a solid 7 and Stephen King clearly approved of it & was a decent adaptation of his novel and a step up from what they were able to deliver in the mini-series but it needed MORE MORE MORE. I know others felt this too, on here and among friends who saw it too. I did think the new Pennywise was a lot more unpredictable compared to the Tim Curry version he played as pennywise & I enjoyed that other level of oddness. I know it is a "horror like" movie but I could have used some more laughs like the original had, just one kid brought the laughs & fell short, didn't it? This version of IT was more stylish & polished compared to the other one ~ so for that, it will become a cult classic for a new generation, good or bad.
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

Thought I would leave this here for some discussion :

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/1696799/who-the-young-it-stars-want-to-play-the-adult-versions-of-their-characters

If Chris Pratt ( cannot stand him ~ groans!!!!) gets it I don't think I'll watch it. Anyone, literally anyone else Please.
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast