+ Follow This Topic

Thread: is it stupid to casually date the person that dumped me?

is it stupid to casually date the person that dumped me?

my bf and i took a so called " break" now we are dating each other casually with no talk of getting back together. at first i thought be able to see him a little bit was better than not being able to see him at all. now i'm not to sure. i want to ask him where things are headed but i'm scared he will break up with me and i will never see him again. should i have the talk?

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well who's decicion was it to break and then date casually? I take it, it was his?? How long have you guys been together? I would think if he made the decision to date casually and depending on why you guys took a break in the first place, he may be confused as to what he wants. I would talk to him but Iw ouldn't ask him where it's heading.. I would ask him how he feels and what he expects out what you guys have? That way you know what he is looking for and if it's not what you want then I would figure out if all this is worth the dating in the first place.
    If you can't handle the thorns, don't crave the rose!!

I think that it is stupid to date your ex if you have hope that the two of you will get into a relationship again.

I dumped an ex for stealing from me. I had never cheated on this girl...and I did feel that she had "used" me. After I dumped her, I continued to see her for play, while I was on the prowl for someone better. In her mind, she thought that we were getting back together.

In my mind it was perfectly justifiable: She used me for 4 months for cash and weed. I used her for sex for 2 months. Then left her altogether for a good girl.

Nice how we treat eachother..eh?
    Last edited by carpflounder; 27-10-05 at 03:44 AM.

yeah real nice there carp. we broke up mutually? he use to drive 6 hours to see me. so if it was just for sex then he must be pretty hard up.

Quote Originally Posted by chelsee
    yeah real nice there carp. we broke up mutually? he use to drive 6 hours to see me. so if it was just for sex then he must be pretty hard up.
    In the title of this thread you state that he dumped you. Now your saying that you broke up mutually.

You said that he "used to" drive six hours to see you. This implies that he is no longer making that outrageous commute. Are you to still seeing eachother at all?

Theres nothing "casual" about driving six hours to **** someone.
    Have you been hanging out with LeahSueDolton?

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    From what I've seen and experienced, 'casual' means "I'm keeping my options open indefinitely because you aren't really what I want, but you'll do until something better comes up."

Just my two cents. I'd get rid of him.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by carpflounder

Theres nothing "casual" about driving six hours to **** someone.
    Have you been hanging out with LeahSueDolton?
    lol Nice!

I agree with Bluesummer.

What's your gut feeling?

I'd ignore the heart and the head... and listen to the gut.

he initiated the break. only beccause i think he heard me telling a friend that i was going to break up with him. he asked for a break because he thought we both needed one. after the break i gor my own place, i can't get out of the lease so he drives up to see me. at first there was alot of talk of getting back together. he said he felt bad that i left, blah, blah blah.

i don't know what the **** to think, how can i tell?????

Quote Originally Posted by chelsee
    my bf and i took a so called " break" now we are dating each other casually with no talk of getting back together. at first i thought be able to see him a little bit was better than not being able to see him at all. now i'm not to sure. i want to ask him where things are headed but i'm scared he will break up with me and i will never see him again. should i have the talk?
    Never feel scared confirming your situation with your partner. If he dumps you just for mentioning it, then he's going to dump you sooner or later for one thing or the other (It's just a matter of time).

Why do you need this bum anyway? Do you need him to be happy? If yes, I think you should go single for awhile to find a way to make yourself happy without anyone's help. You don't need a partner to feel happy, you need a partner who compliments you and who makes you belong...

My 2 Cs...
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

I agree - I would talk to him. There's no sense in you just sitting around wondering. All that will do is create anxiety and insecurity - which he will notice, and may take wrong. Communication is always best.

is it stupid to casually date the person that dumped me?
    yes. sorry but Yes

Hussain
    Are there no prisons? Are there no workhouses? - The Ghost of Christmas Past