+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Does he like me or am I making him uncomfortable?

Does he like me or am I making him uncomfortable?

There's a boy in my school, very smart, good-looking. First time we met we chit-chatted for a while, then he found these guys and sat next to them. We had a good time. (Or at least I had. But it looked like he was enjoying himself, too.)
    Now I keep seeing him everyday, but we don't talk much. Sometimes he smiles at me or says goodbye when I leave, but that's all. He gets very nervous and kinda goofy when he tries to talk to me. Funny fact, he's not like that at all with the others - just with me. He's an extroverted, chatty person; never shy, not even with teachers. Everytime I start a conversation, though, I end up talking to his friends more than him cause it gets awkward between us, like there's nothing to say. The first time I tried to talk to him in front of others, I asked him about school and usual stuff and suddenly all of his friends were looking at us. It felt weird. I didn't know any of them yet, but they broke in on our conversation like they wanted to help him. He was stuttering and struggling to give me answers. I also felt like the situation was somehow amusing for them. Could be my imagination, though.
    Another time, he was saying goodbye like usual but he stopped walking, like he was thinking about starting a proper conversation this time. He was with a friend and this guy waved at me, I waited for one of them to move or say something but they didn't, so I just waved back and walked away. Before I could go far I heard his friend asking: "what the f*** are you doing?" (but like, in a playful manner), and I looked back and they were arguing about something but I didn't understand much. I thought maybe he wanted to talk to me but couldn't find the words and his friend disapproved of him (?). Again, it could be my imagination. I kinda like him and since I realized he's acting different with me I tried to give him compliments, to touch his arm when we say goodbye, little things to show him he doesn't have to be shy. They're not working. Does he even like me? Or am I making him uncomfortable, and that's the reason he finds it easy to get along with the other girls but not with me? Is he trying to tell me to stop talking to him cause he finds me annoying?
    Thank you for reading.

It's really difficult to say. You should try to talk to him and get to know him a little better.

Nothing that you said leads me to believe that he finds you annoying. He's obviously very shy so you are going to have to take the lead. Can you get him after school when he's not with his friends? Ask him if he would like to hang out some time or maybe study together. Something simple and pressure free.