+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Mixed feelings

Mixed feelings

Hello there, it's been a while again, how are you?
    Hope you're all well and a-ok.

So lately I've been having these strange feelings towards a friend - She, also being the best friend of my best friends girlfriend. When we first met, I didn't really feel anything much towards her, she was just.. there. But somehow, over time she has grown on me, to the point I feel infatuated with her. Maybe she's not a 100% my type, but I'd say about 80 for certain, she's a bit crazy, talks like a waterfall (which I for some reason really like) and she's kind of cute, which my best friend would most likely argue with me about. She's really alright, I quite fancy her.
    Now what I don't quite get is, do I really like her, or is this just some kind of state of mind that I'm at right now. I'm quite lonely, most days I just want to stop existing because I can't bare the thought of being by myself. She's one of the very few girls in my life that I can have a conversation with that doesn't run into a wall of silence after a few minutes. And maybe I'm just overreacting with the way I feel about her, because she's my only potential hope for something more than just friendship. I know she likes me, just haven't figured out exactly how, does she like me as a friend or as a man, her signs confuse me.
    Anyway, these last few days I've been thinking of contacting her, but I'm yet to figure out a way to not seem desperate. Connectivity is an issue, I don't use social media etc, so my only option is to ask for her number or something and even then that would be weird, because I'd have to ask my friend about it and you know how that'll spiral out of control. Another option is to wait it out, Maybe I'll get to meet with her in about a month, we'll see how things pan out.
    What I'm asking is, do I go for it or do I let it slip?
    And if I do go for it, what would be the cleanest way of approach?

Thank you for reading.

I would warn against dating someone just because you are lonely. If you are looking for someone to "complete you", that's not going to work well. I know it's romantic and all, but relationships are built on reality. Do you know what is the source of the loneliness? Someone can be alone with a few friends, but does not feel lonely. I would try to get that taken care before dating.

Do you like this person because you don't have a lot of choices or do you genuinely like her?

Are you against getting on social media? If that's the case, then go ask your friend for her number. Gossip will bound to happen if that's the type of people they are whether it's before or after you date.

1. It's a feeling that I cannot simply shake off, I would if I could. I simply want someone to be there by my side so I can share what I have with them.
    2. That's the one I can't figure out.
    3. Yes, I don't like FB or similar social portals. But before I ask for it, I need to figure out No.2.

What do you want?