+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My kid wants to visit my online girlfriend but I don't think I'm ready. Any advice?

My kid wants to visit my online girlfriend but I don't think I'm ready. Any advice?

I have been on many dating sites but I met found my current girlfriend through a site called loveme. I’ve been through multiple online relationships in the past. I’m retired and because of online dating, I’ve been able to find romance ever since my late wife passed away.

After my retirement and mourning for my late beloved, I have solely been focusing on my son who is about 7 years old now. He misses a mother figure in his life which led to making the decision to allow myself back into the dating scene.

After a few relationships that didn’t work out both in person and online, I’ve finally found this amazing woman who has honestly been the light of our lives. Seems like things are finally turning around because of this woman.

We’ve been in an online relationship for almost half a year now and thinking about seeing each other in person. I don’t mind setting up a date with her. The thing that bothers me is the fact that my kid wants to meet her, too. I’m not too keen on seeing her yet because that would mean that my relationship with my gf would take to the next level.

I’m scared that my son might get attached to her. If it doesn’t work out between the both of us, he might be devastated. I love her and how things are going but I’m so torn between all this. I don’t really know how to handle this.

What do you guys think I should do? I need some suggestions or advice before booking any tickets. Should I meet her alone? Should I bring my son? Or should I just move all these plans to a later time when I feel ready? But the thing is, I don’t know when I’ll ever be ready. I’m so confused! Help!

1 There are no tings like online relationships. For all you know he’s a big bellied bearded dude.

2 how come you let take a 7year old take part in your own romantic online dating advances?

3 how come you even chat to women online if you don’t want to meet them as soon as possible? I don’t see any reason for this.

4 I’d guess your son also needs a male Rolemodell in his life because you obviously don’t display decisiveness and thrength of character making your own decisions.

Im sorry to be this harsh with you, but this all seems very strange to me.

For me it would be like: you (only you) get Contact to women. Then you meet them, find out wether you like each other, maybe have sex a couple o times and THEN and only if you think it’s about time you introduce her to your son.
    Maybe earlier if opportunity presents itself but only as the acquaintance she is.

Hmmm....I'm not sure I understand how you can be in love with a woman you have never met and the fact that you aren't sure if you are ready to actually meet her after six months tells me that maybe you aren't quite ready to move on. Personally, I don't think it was a good idea to involve your son in the online relationship. If you do decide to meet this woman, I do not think your son should be involved.

I don't think you should be looking for a new mom for your son. No one will be able to replace your late wife, either for you or your son. Take your time. When you have met the right one, you will know it.

Your son might want a lot of things. Hes a kid. You need to meet this woman in person to see who she is in real life. First time meeting would be safer to meet without kid.
    Then if she wants to meet your son eventually then let it be. Also since you have kid, what helps with girls is that you put your kid first. Tell that you live with a kid since very begining and have pictures in FB with him, show girls that you love him and are a good father. It wil make you even more attractive to girls since kids are big happiness and they will want to be part of that.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will